1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

man flashes woman jogger in Cambridge, hillarity ensues

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Spanz, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Jason Flare

Jason Flare NES Member

Jesus.

cams, Picton and eboos like this.

2. white feather

white feather NES Member

How does that happen if they were not in relatively close proximity to one another?

It cant........

It already is:
    [​IMG]

Dicks out for Harambe:
    The "dick" in the phrase "dicks out for Harambe" is referencing obscure street slang for a handgun. The suggestion is that we need to bring full arms to bear in order to avenge the 2016 killing of the silverback gorilla, Harambe.
    Strap up, it's dicks out for Harambe.

The5thDentist likes this.
  3. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

Thought that would sail right over your head.
    Carry on.

Picton likes this.
  4. Picton

Picton NES Member

I wish he would delete it. I really do. It’s just too much like tee-ball.

5. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

In 2018 my company fired a store director who had 40 years with the company.

Contrary to policy, he held his hand out and made physical contact to stop someone suspected of shoplifting.

6. atmay

atmay NES Member

CVS’ policy when I was there was to casually follow them out and try and snag a plate number.

7. cams

cams NES Member

That girl could eat an apple though a picket fence.

8. jpk

jpk

I do because her pursuit of him and subsequent assault was a crime in and of itself......she took the law into her own hands/thighs

You're absolutely correct....had he stopped/waved/jingled his junk at her that would be a completely different situation and it would have been totally warranted/appropriate for her kick his nuts up into his throat.

The threat was gone....your use of the word "Pursuit" demonstrates that you intellectually understand that.

The moment that the threat was gone her actions when from defense to offense/retaliatory and she violated the law

Either the law is blind and equally applied or its not and we have no rule of law......only selectively enforced statutes used to bludgeon people based on how connected/not connected you are or how much media attention something gets.

I think you're making a mistake in assuming that there was a whole lot of upper brain function behind this......broadly speaking there's a whole lot of serious mental illness in mAss.....just look at the voting history of mAss and all the TDS[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

9. jpk

jpk

The only thing thats becoming clear in this thread are the people that actually believe in law being equally applied and people that believe that law should be SELECTIVELY applied depending on the amount of selective/subjective outrage.

10. jpk

jpk

Picton, everyone knows you're just a leftist troll.......thats the lense that everyone views your posts through

11. Super99Z

Super99Z NES Member

Are we positive this wasn't a case of an oblivious jogger "adjusting" himself while running mixed with some overreaction? I know NES #believesallwomen and all, but maybe we need that unedited video.

KVX, Jason Flare and commodon like this.
  12. The5thDentist

The5thDentist NES Life Member NES Member

13. jpk

jpk

What he's allegedly accused of doing constitutes indecent exposure or at most lewd and open and gross/lewd and lascivious behavior.........which online resources seem to indicate tops out at a max of 2 years and a couple hundred dollars fine in Puritan mAss.....

What she did in pursueing him , tacking him and holding him constitutes simple assault as well as unlawful restraint (at a minumum)

The former carries a penalty of up tp 2.5 years in jail and 1k fine, the latter flips the switch into felony charges.

You act like people have an obligation to answer your questions that have no relation to the thread topic......its an internet forum....why would you expect anyone to provide an answer other than something like "My response would be within the letter of what the law allows"?

14. commodon

commodon NES Member

That was my first thought as well. We know the guy was running towards her from a distance away. She is saying he "flashed" her twice.

First, I would like to understand her definition of "flash". Am I to believe he pulled his pants down while jogging and pulled his junk out and wave it at her? Not once, but twice? All while jogging towards her from potentially hundreds of feet away? Then when they eventually pass each other, she turns around and runs after him? If she saw him yank his junk out from afar, then why did she continue to run towards him? And only then grab him after he ran past? That's the part I don't understand. When you see someone running/jogging towards you from afar, flashing his junk twice (perceiving it to be directed at you), why would you continue to run towards him?

Perhaps I am over thinking this, but something about this story doesn't make sense. Again, perhaps I am over thinking it.

As mentioned above my first thought was that perhaps he was quickly adjusting his junk as he ran, which is something not unheard of. Granted, he would have been smart to ensure there wasn't anyone around, but is it possible she saw this and overreacted?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    KVX and jpk like this.
  15. Daddy Mac

Daddy Mac NES Member

16. jpk

jpk

Folks should go back to the video in the OP link

The dude doesnt look particularly fit and his clothing is pretty loose/baggy

Absent the section of the video that shows the alleged offensive flashing its not out of the realm of possibility that he had a wardrobe malfunction/adjustment of the boys....especially if he had keys in pocket and the shorts were as baggy as they looked.

Same video clearly shows that she was at least 50 feet PAST him before she decided to take things into her own hands/thighs....clearly NOT a defensive action

17. millbilly

millbilly NES Member

Where were you taught this?

Picton likes this.
  18. millbilly

millbilly NES Member

I hope they show it also. His #1 defender here will likely be able to identify him.

minininjer likes this.
  19. jpk

jpk

Where were you taught otherwise is a better question?

Do you actually believe that some passing gesture/display of a body part is sufficient justification for a physical response?

Where does it end if you do?

What he did is inexcusable but it doesnt justify her response because clearly she wasnt in any immanent danger from the video

Sometimes the RIGHT thing to do is to just ignore deviant behavior and deprive these people of the attention they seek

20. millbilly

millbilly NES Member

Allthough it's been a while, I was taught assault vs battery in the criminal law portion of the police academy. So a better question is where were you taught it.

TLB likes this.
  21. jpk

jpk

That certainly does explain some things

What exactly are you taking issue with?

The part where "assault" requires an attempt and ability to do physical harm in order to qualify as assault?

According to the report there was no "Battery" unless you want to try to make that argument when the isreali chased down the flasher and tackled him.

You of all people based on your training should know that flashing doesnt and cannot constitute assault....thats clear in mAss code

Edit: Even in mAss law which appears to differ a bit from common law definition of assault it doesnt vary in any material way from how I characterized it.

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2016/10/ts/6120-assault.pdf

22. jpk

jpk

23. Bob P

Bob P NES Member

Oh bullshit. He exposed himself to her then he went back and did it again. You may not think it’s a big deal but it’s a felony. She tackled him and attempted to hold him until the police could arrive. His running away doesn’t mean shit. She didn’t kill him and she didn’t even hurt him. She attempted to restrain him.

24. jpk

jpk

The article states that she claims he exposed himself to her twice.

The were jogging in opposite directions and passed one another......you can see all this clearly in the video and she was at least 50 feet past him and well out of any real/percieved harm when she decides to take the law into her own hands.

Its not like she attempts to justify her decision by making a claim that he was a threat to a class of children he was running towards.

Woman chases after jogger who flashed her along Memorial Drive

Flashing isnt a felony in mAss not by any stretch.

His gross/offensive actions dont justify her assault on him

25. PatMcD

PatMcD NES Member

Show me someone who's a "flasher", and I'll show you someone who eventually won't stop at merely "flashing".

26. jpk

jpk

There may be SOME truth to but I think you would be hard pressed to find any data to support it.

At least for the time being we dont have a "Pre- Crime" division out arresting people for potential crimes.........otherwise everyone that owns a car, kitchen knife or firearm would be in jail

27. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

Funny, someone can be arrested with a kilo or two of coke in cut off corners of sammich bags and the paper is very careful to use the word "alleged drug dealer", but when the only evidence of dick dangling is one person's word it is reported as a fact.

Some of these reports should start with the words "I denounce thee..."

eboos and Jason Flare like this.
  28. millbilly

millbilly NES Member

So you are saying the difference between an assault and a battery is pretty much what everyone here has been telling you it is? Go figure.

Picton likes this.
  29. millbilly

millbilly NES Member

This is definitely threatening behavior.

30. Bob P

Bob P NES Member

Oh please. She takes about 5 strides. Just long enough to think “,did he just flash me? Yes he did. I’m going to detain him”. What you saw was reaction time. And you don’t seem him doing it as BPD edited his dick out of the picture - as they’ve said several times