• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man charged with slingshot possession

Never knew wrist-braced slingshot existed. Pretty cool!

Yeah they're cool. Accidently killed a heron with one when I was a kid.

I can't believe this article. I... I really don't get it. This is just about as ridiculous as it gets. He was a passenger, slingshots (SLINGSHOTS) were in the car, and it's a crime? A CRIME?! WTF.

Wrist braced slingshots have been illegal in NY for over 30 years(regular ones were legal.) Was always bummed as a kid that I couldn't get a wrist rocket. 20 years ago I knew a kid that got his car searched he had a 10/22 and a wrist rocket in the trunk and he got charged for the slingshot, rifle was legal. Retarded, but not new.
I bought one in upstate NY a little over 30 years ago because I couldn't buy one in Mass. Still can't buy them here but at least our libtards didn't ban possession!

I bought one in upstate NY a little over 30 years ago because I couldn't buy one in Mass. Still can't buy them here but at least our libtards didn't ban possession!

Actually, I've seen them for sale by vendors at gun shows here in Mass., right up on their tables in plain view.
I always wondered how they continue to get away with that.

When officers searched the vehicle they found the two slingshots -- one of which was powerful wrist-braced slingshot -- which are illegal in New York, Johnson said.
The "powerful wrist-braced slingshot". He's 18 and could have had a friggin' GARAND in the car, and the chief of police is getting his knickers in a twist over a slingshot.

Was that guy dropped on his head when he was a baby?

Wrist braced slingshots have been illegal in NY for over 30 years(regular ones were legal.)
Really? Must have happened shortly after I bought mine in NY.

Heh. You can't buy 'em in NJ and you can't own 'em - the legal definition of a firearm includes anything that fires a projectile by use of compressed gas or ELASTIC. (or at least it did, 30+ years ago. I'm assuming it still does but I'm too lazy to check).

It's called a wrist rocket. Fun to shoot 50cal marbles (white tracers). I have a few30+ year old wood slingshots I made when I was a kid. The still work great. Soon they will be a c&r items.

"I think if they outlawed (slingshots) they're probably pretty dangerous weapons," Johnson said. "It's almost like carrying a gun."

Dumbest thing I have read all day.

I was just about to post the same thing. Who wants to have a sling shot vs. .45 shoot off?

I bet'cha its almost as dangerous as those evil zoobows are in mass. [rofl]

What is really funny is that I bought my first wrist rocket from a kid right at school back in middle school. I gave him $5, and put it in my locker until the end of the day! Guess that wouldn't fly in these days!

so... we should thank MA then.
we don't have power limit on pellet guns, and no limit slingshots...

we just need to pay $40 for a used pre-ban AR mag.
[rofl]

so if they are legal in MA and someone wants to get into slingshots as a fun hobby would you be able to shot them at a sportsman club range for target practice?

so if they are legal in MA and someone wants to get into slingshots as a fun hobby would you be able to shot them at a sportsman club range for target practice?

Sure, but only when noone else is there...unless you want to be the but of every Nike for the next three years!!!

I had a bunch as a kid in ma, they were about 7 bucks for the top of the line models. Back in HS the cops pulled us over for being kids driving an old POS and ended up 'confiscating' my wrist rocket along with an open bag of paintballs. Should that have disqualified all of us in the vehicle from obtaining firearms licenses???? Too late!!

I hope I live to see the day that the entire state of NY goes up in a mushroom cloud, right along with DC, Kalifornia and MA.

About ten years ago a guy in Texas was charged with murder after he plugged a kid who fired a wrist rocket through his window, I think he actually was aquited. The homeowner thought his house was fired upon.

Back
Top Bottom