• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man charged with slingshot possession

I wonder how the conversation with his cell mates went?

Inmate 1) What are you in for? Assault

Inmate 2) what are you in for? Drugs

Inmate 3) what are you in for? Grand theft auto

The kid) what are you in for? I..i..i had a slingshot.

Nothing gives you more street cred then doing hard time for a slingshot possession [rofl]

"I think if they outlawed (slingshots) they're probably pretty dangerous weapons," Johnson said. "It's almost like carrying a gun."

Dumbest thing I have read all day.

No kidding reminded me of the thread a week or so ago about a baby that was sitting on a couch with a gun under it. (a gun that could go off at any minute)

Thank god we have this kid off the streets. Who knows how many drive by slingings could have occured....

almost as horrifying as the ever prevelant drive by bayoneting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Really ????

I actually have two of the folding type wrist-rockets with the ammo container in the grip.
I've had them since the 80's and the tubing has long since dry rotted away.
Maybe it's time to get them back in operating condition.
What does Home Depot call the stuff, surgical tubing ???
Also how do they sell it, on a spool by the foot, or is it packaged in pre-cut lengths ???

I bought the tubing with the "ammo pouch" already attached, ready to install on the sling shot, at WalMart in New Hampshire. They stock them right next to the Wrist Rockets.

Is a wrist rocket Ok for bear?
Will Red Jacket be making one?

If Red Jacket makes one, you can rest assured that it will be a "game changer". No one else has even thought of it.

I lived in NY since moving here last year... I had no idea they were illegal. I still don't completely believe it... but I don't feel like searching through the NY laws right now.
I definitely recall seeing them sold at some general stores probably not even 10 years ago. Maybe upstate NY just didn't give a shit.

I'm also fairly certain they are not illegal to posses in MA. I think they are just illegal to carry or manufacture and sell in MA.

Relevant MA laws:
http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section12
http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section10
269.10 actually does not say its illegal to carry a slingshot, just a slung shot - which is a different thing.

I remember reading this back in the early 90's.....The prosecutor who wrote the formal charges against the boy accused him of possessing a slung shot, apparently thinking it was the same as a slingshot.

The court commissioner, prosecutor and defense attorney had never heard of a slung shot and assumed it was just a misspelling of slingshot.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19920922&slug=1514518

So a slingshot is illegal? What if he had a compound bow in the back seat? They'd fine/ticket/arrest for the slingshot and do nothing about the bow? That's a whole lotta fail right there...

Slingshots are too affordable and concealable. They are like saturday night specials.

wrist rockets are illegal to sell? i bought one from a guy at a flea market with a cop standing literally RIGHT next to me.

the only thing the seller said was "you look over 18, here you go"

Really ????

I actually have two of the folding type wrist-rockets with the ammo container in the grip.
I've had them since the 80's and the tubing has long since dry rotted away.
Maybe it's time to get them back in operating condition.
What does Home Depot call the stuff, surgical tubing ???
Also how do they sell it, on a spool by the foot, or is it packaged in pre-cut lengths ???

Yes, Home Depot sells tubing that's pretty close to surgical tubing. It's even got that yellow tinge to the rubber. I bought some there a few years ago with the other tubing in the plumbing supply section. It comes on an eight-foot roll (I think) and was fairly inexpensive. Not sure if it's real surgical tubing, but it would work awesome for a slingshot.

Correct. You can't make or sell them, but you can have and use them.

And yes, a "slung shot" is different. I call them blackjacks.
How do these dumbasses on Beacon Hill show their faces in public. I mean, they get elected to go do great things, and then they pass childish, expensive, foolish laws.

What the hell is a slungshot? I am aware there is a difference between slungshot and slingshot in mass law. I was telling my brother about that recently but couldn't really explain the difference. Just told him I don't know the difference but there is a difference lol. Maybe slungshots loads have snake venom or a dose of common sense in them.

What the hell is a slungshot? I am aware there is a difference between slungshot and slingshot in mass law. I was telling my brother about that recently but couldn't really explain the difference. Just told him I don't know the difference but there is a difference lol. Maybe slungshots loads have snake venom or a dose of common sense in them.

Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slungshot

Headlines from that page.

'Man beaten, robbed after exiting city bus'

'Man holds up Bridgeport bank'

'Man charged with slingshot possesion'

'Cops: Man killed girlfriend with dumbell'

'Hugh fire damages 3 homes'

What doesn't belong?

Headlines from that page.

'Man beaten, robbed after exiting city bus'

'Man holds up Bridgeport bank'

'Man charged with slingshot possesion'

'Cops: Man killed girlfriend with dumbell'

'Hugh fire damages 3 homes'

What doesn't belong?

The fire story? [smile]

Nothing gives you more street cred then doing hard time for a slingshot possession

Ya you would have to lay that story on thick to sound tuff after that arrest,

Kid telling story to cell mates ( ya so i told that cop to steep off or id sling some random shit at his ass)

Back
Top Bottom