Man charged with slingshot possession

I think that only the "assault" variety of wrist rockets are illegal... unless you have a pre-ban.

EBWR = bad ass

"The suspect, whose name was not released because he could be given youthful offender status, was the passenger in a car that police say made an illegal left turn onto Route 6 from Church Street.

When officers searched the vehicle they found the two slingshots..."

Is anyone else picking up on the fact that the police searched a vehicle for making an illegal left turn? Hello? 4th Amendment violation?

Last edited:
I still have mine some ware, all the local kids back in the day had paintball wars out in the woods, the dam things hit ya harder then the paint ball guns,

but i never thought you could be put away for havin one anyware, figured a fine would suffice,

I'm also fairly certain they are not illegal to posses in MA. I think they are just illegal to carry or manufacture and sell in MA.
Correct. You can't make or sell them, but you can have and use them.

269.10 actually does not say its illegal to carry a slingshot, just a slung shot - which is a different thing.
And yes, a "slung shot" is different. I call them blackjacks.
How do these dumbasses on Beacon Hill show their faces in public. I mean, they get elected to go do great things, and then they pass childish, expensive, foolish laws.

How the hell does that kid ramble on for 10 minutes about that stupid thing? Get a slingshot, ziptie some crap on there, done. Nearly 2 minutes of my life were just wasted...I'll miss those 2 minutes.

Sorry... I tried to find the original video of saw of this with Dave Canterbury but they were all longer than that one [thinking]

I wonder how the conversation with his cell mates went?

Inmate 1) What are you in for? Assault

Inmate 2) what are you in for? Drugs

Inmate 3) what are you in for? Grand theft auto

The kid) what are you in for? I..i..i had a slingshot.

Home depot sells the tubing for the wrist rocket.

Really ????

I actually have two of the folding type wrist-rockets with the ammo container in the grip.
I've had them since the 80's and the tubing has long since dry rotted away.
Maybe it's time to get them back in operating condition.
What does Home Depot call the stuff, surgical tubing ???
Also how do they sell it, on a spool by the foot, or is it packaged in pre-cut lengths ???

Wow!! I guess I was breaking the law every summer on vacation at Lake George. At 10 years old I had a wrist rocket that I took everywhere. I had it for quite a few years. They should have locked my 10 year old butt up.

Is that you Bart ????

bart_slingshot_by_maria_dlq-d34cn7u.jpg

Really ????

I actually have two of the folding type wrist-rockets with the ammo container in the grip.
I've had them since the 80's and the tubing has long since dry rotted away.
Maybe it's time to get them back in operating condition.
What does Home Depot call the stuff, surgical tubing ???
Also how do they sell it, on a spool by the foot, or is it packaged in pre-cut lengths ???

It is with the clear tubing. Not sure what they call it but its on a roll and sold by rhe foot. Ammo storage at bottom of handle with cover that flips? Buckshot would work well. That's what my friend said.

It is with the clear tubing. Not sure what they call it but its on a roll and sold by rhe foot. Ammo storage at bottom of handle with cover that flips? Buckshot would work well. That's what my friend said.

YOu can buy the slingshot band online at almost every sporting good site. Yes, they ship to MA. I have one and the band rots out every couple of years. I know this is NY, but despite what EVERYONE thinks, they are not expressly forbidden under any MGL I have ever read. Only the "slungshot" which is a totally different animal.

Whats the problem ? We just need some "common sense" wrist rocket laws, I mean nobody needs more than one wrist rocket. Registration of wrist rockets is merely for the officers safety. Why was their car searched for an illegal left turn, did he "appear nervous?"

A "slung shot" was a sailor's improvised weapon, where a piece of metal, typically a piece of grapeshot, was woven into a short length of rope, to make a blackjack-like object.

That's why it's on "the list" in the same area as a blackjack. Of course, for years, this was comflated with "Slingshot", because all the confusion of the messed up laws - there are stil people that think that "and knife over four fingers long" is illegal.

"I think if they outlawed (slingshots) they're probably pretty dangerous weapons," Johnson said. "It's almost like carrying a gun."

Dumbest thing I have read all day.

WOW, its almost like a slingshot except (hold on a minute) it is a slingshot. It shoots rocks and marbles not bullets. Theres no firing pin on a sling shot. There isn't even a trigger. How are you supposed to respect you local government when they are this freaking stupid!! [angry2]

I wonder how the conversation with his cell mates went?

Inmate 1) What are you in for? Assault

Inmate 2) what are you in for? Drugs

Inmate 3) what are you in for? Grand theft auto

The kid) what are you in for? I..i..i had a slingshot.

And they all moved away from me on the bench there, until I said "And creatin' a nuisance"...

Back
Top Bottom