• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man charged with shooting roommate

Well Soccer is pretty fricken boring.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO129480/

WORCESTER, Mass. -- A Worcester man charged with fatally shooting his roommate during what police say was an argument over a televised soccer match has been ordered without bail.

Felix Garcia was arraigned Thursday in Central District Court on a murder charge.

Authorities say Garcia, who has at least two aliases, shot 26-year-old Juan Manuel Trejo Hernandez twice in the back on Oct. 25 during an argument over the soccer game. The men had been drinking.

Police say the 30-year-old Garcia fled to New Jersey, where he was found two days later living at a relative's home.

Garcia's court-appointed lawyer asked that bail be set without prejudice, meaning he could request a bail reduction. His next court date is Dec. 11.

[thinking]

Gun control really works well huh?

Soccer on TV? Just shoot me now. I'd rather watch paint dry -- more dramatic.

Oh look, that guy kicked it a long way. Oh, look that other guy kicked it back in the other direction. Oh, look that guy kicked it out of bounds. Oh, look that guy fell down and is now writhing in agony, even though no one touched him. Oh, look now he's back up 15 seconds later and running around like it never happened.

Best thing ever to happen in soccer was when that player headbutted another player in the chest.

It's like my daughter said the other day, "Guns don't kill people. People with bad judgement kill people, with guns".

Soccer fans are crazy overseas.

I was sitting in an airport bar in Lagos Nigeria last year waiting for my flight home, and the olympics was on the TV, and guess what's playing. USA v. Nigeria soccer. And I'm the only white dude in the airport. And the only American. For the first time in my life, I was happy the American's lost.

Im a huge soccer fan, but then again I spent almost every summer growing up in Greece. America will never embrace the sport the way the rest of the world does. Going to a game in Greece is MUCH more different that going to any game in America. I would LOVE to be able to see this at Fenway:

(This isn't my footage, but I flew to Greece to attend this game against our league rivals)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKQ-i1b3-L8

PS I would never shoot anyone over a soccer game though, lol

Im a huge soccer fan, but then again I spent almost every summer growing up in Greece. America will never embrace the sport the way the rest of the world does. Going to a game in Greece is MUCH more different that going to any game in America. I would LOVE to be able to see this at Fenway:

(This isn't my footage, but I flew to Greece to attend this game against our league rivals)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKQ-i1b3-L8

PS I would never shoot anyone over a soccer game though, lol
You sure you are suitable? What a bunch of idiots.

What makes us idiots? Being passionate about a game, having a great time, creating an unbelievable atmosphere, and not worrying about being shot with rubber bullets by cops? Don't insult things you have no idea about.

What makes us idiots? Being passionate about a game, having a great time, creating an unbelievable atmosphere, and not worrying about being shot with rubber bullets by cops? Don't insult things you have no idea about.
Could you explain what was going on in that video? It sure looked like folks starting lots of fires in a crowded stadium, which doesn't appear to me to be the safest thing to do. But perhaps I just don't have any idea.

They're not starting fires, those are flares and roman candles. They've been doing that for 50 years at that stadium, with no casualties or serious injuries....along with 100's of other stadiums across Europe that do the same. You're more likely to get hurt by a foul ball at Fenway.

Ya know, if you show a yuppy in Harvard Square footage from the NES Pumpkin Blast, guess what they'd say....... "What a bunch of idiots!"

Did he have an LTC or was the gun posessed illegally?

Good question. Since the story doesn't say, my guess is that he didn't have an LTC. The MSM LOVES it when someone properly licensed to own/carry a firearm commits a crime and they make damn sure to mention it in the story.

I just find it very boring. It's just personal taste. Baseball to me has a balance of relaxing and exciting moments, hockey is all exciting moments usually, football is a series of shorter exciting moments, soccer is one long tedious moment. As you soccer fans have already pointed out, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom