• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

man charged with illegal gun possession for 4th time

Yes... More laws to prevent this person from getting his guns from law abiding citizens will make this better. Obviously, this person is an addict to illegally processing firearms, therefore he needs help from the commonwealth to get better....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Please excuse the brevity and auto corrected wrong words

Man's 2A rights violated for the 4th time.

FIFY

well done, thank you

how did they get to frisk him from him moving his body? is that probable cause?
The officers walked up to Jesurum in the store, and upon seeing them, he allegedly shielded the right side of his body and grabbed his waistband, police said.
Officers performed a pat frisk, and allegedly discovered a loaded Smith & Wesson .357-caliber revolver in the waistband, police said.

why?

as a compliant serf, you probably have a permit (like the rest of us) to exercise your 2a rights in assachusetts

because they'd tell him he was threatening them and therefore not suitable to hold a permit

I do, but I am not excited about a BPD pat-down nonetheless

If you dont fit the gangbanger profile you arent going to be searched. I was buying a newspaper a few years ago in Mattapan and a cop saw my holster when i bent over, he quietly mentioned it to me and left.

If you dont fit the gangbanger profile you arent going to be searched. I was buying a newspaper a few years ago in Mattapan and a cop saw my holster when i bent over, he quietly mentioned it to me and left.

This! The guy was known to the cops, warned by his buddies (gangbangers) they were coming, then acted suspicious. F him, he should not have 2A rights, lock him up!

What is a gang banger profile, and how does the way you dress somehow void your constitutional rights?

This! The guy was known to the cops, warned by his buddies (gangbangers) they were coming, then acted suspicious. F him, he should not have 2A rights, lock him up!

none of what you mentioned are reason for search and seizure or limiting a human right in my eyes

now if he is some sort of violent criminal then he belongs in jail. I don't claim to have all the facts, just the ones given to me

none of what you mentioned are reason for search and seizure or limiting a human right in my eyes

now if he is some sort of violent criminal then he belongs in jail. I don't claim to have all the facts, just the ones given to me

2A is not (in my opinion) a "human" right. It is a right granted by the constitution of this GREAT Country. You are correct, we do not know all the facts, but one's buddies yelling to warn of police presence, does not indicate good intentions to me. There were calls reporting gang activity according to the article, that the police were investigating. That, the warning and the suspicious activity, all adds up to probable cause to me.

As far as looking like a gang-banger, one's style of dress as well as one's actions are by choice. If one chooses to dress (and act) like a "gang-banger" one should expect to be treated like one......

Just my .02 not trying to start a flame war, but flame if you must, I can take it.

2A is not (in my opinion) a "human" right. It is a right granted by the constitution of this GREAT Country. You are correct, we do not know all the facts, but one's buddies yelling to warn of police presence, does not indicate good intentions to me. There were calls reporting gang activity according to the article, that the police were investigating. That, the warning and the suspicious activity, all adds up to probable cause to me.

As far as looking like a gang-banger, one's style of dress as well as one's actions are by choice. If one chooses to dress (and act) like a "gang-banger" one should expect to be treated like one......

Just my .02 not trying to start a flame war, but flame if you must, I can take it.

Last edited by a moderator:

no flame war needed, just a differing of opinions

the right to self defense is a human right, therefore I feel the right to bear arms is as well
I also don't think people should be stereotyped based on their clothing

the guy is probably a scumbag, but still, the article presents nothing as fact that shows me a right to search him
if he fit the description of someone suspected of a crime maybe, and maybe thats the case, the globe is notorious for refusing to due actual work and find facts

no flame war needed, just a differing of opinions

the right to self defense is a human right, therefore I feel the right to bear arms is as well
I also don't think people should be stereotyped based on their clothing

the guy is probably a scumbag, but still, the article presents nothing as fact that shows me a right to search him
if he fit the description of someone suspected of a crime maybe, and maybe thats the case, the globe is notorious for refusing to due actual work and find facts

Very well said!

You have, as a human being, the right to defend yourself effectively and own property. Possession of a firearm falls into both categories. There should be no need to produce a permit from your ghetto sweats when a cop asks why you turned away from him and pulled up your pants. Profiling ain't kool bro.

Last edited:
2A is not (in my opinion) a "human" right. It is a right granted by the constitution of this GREAT Country.

FAIL.

Men are born with rights. Rights aren't granted. they're exercised or not. protected or not. violated or not. But they certainly aren't "granted".

FAIL.

Men are born with rights. Rights aren't granted. they're exercised or not. protected or not. violated or not. But they certainly aren't "granted".
Bravo, sir.

you are born with rights, some of which are affirmed by the constitution, not granted.

Very well said!
Agreed well said.

Self defense is a human right. Self defense with a gun is a constitutional right.

I agree that people should not be stereotyped by the clothes they wear, however WE ARE!!! A smartly dressed guy in a suit would not have gotten a second look in that convenience store. Though he could be a total scumbag! My point is, as people we need to pick our battles, If you wish to illegally carry a gun, don't dress and act like a gang-banger too. I like to call it "flying under the radar". Don't intenionally do things (or dress in such a way) as to be noticed unless you want to be noticed! Grossly oversimplified, but everything in life has consequences and people are judged first by how they look then by how they act, etc. Controlling how one looks is fairly easy and can go a long way.

Again my .02 enjoying the discussion!

It's this kind of thing that allows our natural rights to continue to be infringed upon. Slow creep.

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but it annoys the hell out of me whenever someone states the constitution GRANTS individual rights. The US Constitution does NOT grant you anything with regard to your individual rights. The constitution acknowledges your God-given pre-existing right (prior to the Constitution) to self-defense and, if so, to use a firearm if that is your choice.

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but it annoys the hell out of me whenever someone states the constitution GRANTS individual rights. The US Constitution does NOT grant you anything with regard to your individual rights. The constitution acknowledges your God-given pre-existing right (prior to the Constitution) to self-defense and, if so, to use a firearm if that is your choice.

I agree, that has become a huge pet peeve of mine too. Some would argue that its just semantics but there IS a very big difference.

Back
Top Bottom