• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man arrested on charges of drunkenly pointing gun at person

As if we need to give the media and the anti 2a people more examples to use for their cause.

****ing idiot
Could not re-apply. What horse shit is that?

I think it's just another judge that is thinking more about the underwear under his robe than anything pertinent to the charges or the law.

There will be no need to re-apply, LTC revoked until the case is cleared. If found not guilty it should be re-instated forthwith. Been there. Done that. Although once it was re-instated miraculously most of my shit was "lost" in evidence or claimed to have never been taken in the first place so they couldn't return it to me (read: I'm sure it was sitting in some cops living room).

ETA: my situation did not involve alcohol or drugs on my part, but a lot of crack was smoked by another defendant in the case.

Last edited:
I love the article. "The two gentlemen got out and asked if he was ok." Suuuure.

"You gotta problem, muthah-truckah?!?!?!?!"

Not saying the guy was in the right at all. But these two young men just got out to make sure he was alright? In Boston. Nahbrah.

I love the article. "The two gentlemen got out and asked if he was ok." Suuuure.

Not saying the guy was in the right at all. But these two young men just got out to make sure he was alright? In Boston. Nahbrah.

and because it's two against one drunk guy carrying with an LTC they will be believed. I thought the same thing. they got out to potentially start something and he potentially drew to defend himself. It won't go down like that nor will they entertain that as to why he pulled his gun....

I wonder what the outcome would be in a state with no ltc?

They'd probably still make him a prohibited person, so its a distinction without much difference. In many states there would not be a "carrying under" charge but if you point a gun at someone without legal justification, at a bare minimum that's good enough for some kind of felony.

-Mike

and because it's two against one drunk guy carrying with an LTC they will be believed. I thought the same thing. they got out to potentially start something and he potentially drew to defend himself. It won't go down like that nor will they entertain that as to why he pulled his gun....

The problem is if he went up to their car and initiated the whole thing, his self defense claims might quickly start going into the toilet.

-Mike

They'd probably still make him a prohibited person, so its a distinction without much difference. In many states there would not be a "carrying under" charge but if you point a gun at someone without legal justification, at a bare minimum that's good enough for some kind of felony.

-Mike

maybe we should all wear body cams. My guess is that the encounter went just a bit differently than those two fine upstanding citizens described that occurred at 2:30AM But that's my opinion.....no facts to back it up. Wonder what the former LTC holder has to say. Did they report his account?

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is if he went up to their car and initiated the whole thing, his self defense claims might quickly start going into the toilet.

-Mike

true...but what if he was just walking by? Yeah, if he went up there and started talking crap then agreed...but if walking by and they start something and then get out....well...could be different.

either way, in this state he's screwed no matter what.

-Mike

in a normal state though, any half way decent lawyer would probably be able to get this dropped way down. There's no evidence of anything other than that he had a loaded gun on him when the cops stopped him. the victim's story that he pointed it at them, sans video evidence is just that, a story.

I have no idea what other states' carrying while drunk laws are, but that's really the only thing they have him dead to rights on.

I agree. Two young men sitting in a parked car at 2am in Boston and just randomly ask a passerby out of the kindness of their hearts if he's doing okay? Yeah, right.

I see no mention of a sobriety test, wonder if they ran a blood test on him? Is that SOP? Without that...

I see no mention of a sobriety test, wonder if they ran a blood test on him? Is that SOP? Without that...

No mention of either...just this...

"According to prosecutors, Regan was unsteady on his feet and slurred his words as officers spoke to him. "

No mention of either...just this...

"According to prosecutors, Regan was unsteady on his feet and slurred his words as officers spoke to him. "

Right. Hopefully the guy refused. I read this contrary to the Mensa members here who immediately strung the guy up: I'm sure the real story here bears no resemblance to the actual events.

I'd love to see pics of the two youts and see their rap sheets. They shouldn't have parked in the handicap spot though, that's the real travesty here.

Right. Hopefully the guy refused. I read this contrary to the Mensa members here who immediately strung the guy up: I'm sure the real story here bears no resemblance to the actual events.

I'd love to see pics of the two youts and see their rap sheets. They shouldn't have parked in the handicap spot though, that's the real travesty here.

It's tough for me because the majority of the restricted gun laws in this commiwealth I do not agree with. In addition, he is innocent until proven guilty however he is being treated as he was convicted already. Gun owners never get the benefit of any doubt in Mass.

Just checked in with my buddy in Milton PD. Apparently the guy was just a drunk idiot and when arrested made no mention of the two "good Samaritans" confronting him or being the aggressors.

It's tough for me because the majority of the restricted gun laws in this commiwealth I do not agree with. In addition, he is innocent until proven guilty however he is being treated as he was convicted already. Gun owners never get the benefit of any doubt in Mass.

There's a video of Trey Gowdy talking about how no other rights are infringed upon when you are arrested, just the right to bear arms.

Hell no. More to the story, I'll bet a million on it.

Back
Top Bottom