• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man arrested in Walpole

Goats, mules, donkeys, or other third world transportation modes would have been my first guess.

You're a well-traveled guy i see. Since this seems hard to comprehend for some, i am referring to the fact that not all countries have different states forming them, therefore no laws which pertain to these (federal?) aspects - i.e. no need to match stickers and state plates, you are free to travel or reside with whatever local plate/registration you have without getting in trouble. At worst you get a small fine for an expired registration.

Keep explaining, the entertainment value is priceless.

You're a well-traveled guy i see. Since this seems hard to comprehend for some, i am referring to the fact that not all countries have different states forming them, therefore no laws which pertain to these (federal?) aspects - i.e. no need to match stickers and state plates, you are free to travel or reside with whatever local plate/registration you have without getting in trouble. At worst you get a small fine for an expired registration.

Its hard NOT to be cynical about police activity and 2A rights in MA. Chances are, even as a LAC w/LTC-A, the traffic stop would go down the same as with this guy.

Am I being paranoid, or hysterical though?

I dont speed and maintain a low profile while traveling to shooting events- but I dread the day I get stopped for something, only to be pulled out of my car at police gun point.

Any stories to share? Yes I know this was asked earlier.

Am I being paranoid, or hysterical though?

I dont speed and maintain a low profile while traveling to shooting events- but I dread the day I get stopped for something, only to be pulled out of my car at police gun point.

Any stories to share? Yes I know this was asked earlier.

I've been pulled over while armed with a concealed handgun several times, and every time the cop knowa A) that I have a CHL because it shows up tied to my MV registration and B) that I am armed since I have to tell him by law as soon as he shows up at my door.

I've never been proned out, thrown out of the car, cuffed, arrested, hassled, or otherwise.

I've never been pulled over when I've had rifles/shotguns in the back of the car. My current car is a hatchback with no cover between the back seat and the hatch so you can see everything there. My former vehicle was a crew cab pickup with no bed cover so no place to hide long guns either.

But then I don't live where FOR THE MOST PART cops, deputies, and troopers are raging tools about guns.

Its hard NOT to be cynical about police activity and 2A rights in MA. Chances are, even as a LAC w/LTC-A, the traffic stop would go down the same as with this guy.
If you have a machete slung from your seat within your reach from the driving position, you're going to have the LEO's attention.

But not in other states? Get real. This wasn't about any gun rights until they found a gun.

Last edited:
Not sure I see any issue here other than the driver is a moron.

Obviously I'd prefer we not have license plates, registration, etc at all, but if you're gonna give cops obvious reasons to pull you over in a state that's notorious for having stickler traffic cops out to hand you a fine, I don't have sympathy for your stupidity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom