Man arrested in Essex Mass for carrying shotgun

So now improper storage applies differently to different types of guns?!??!

"Lyons-Montgomery also faces a state prison term of 1 1/2 to 12 years, a fine between $2,000 and $12,000, or both, if found guilty of improperly storing the AR-15."

If he was truly lost, I think I would have stashed it in the woods and came back for it rather than strolling around with it.

What sort of dumbasserie is this?

On the one hand, I want to be in this guy’s corner. I mean seriously what the f*** is “unlawful possession” anyway? It’s in the f***ing constitution for Christ’s sake!

On the other hand, so much stupid here. Of course some concerned citizen/idiot is going to call the cops in a panic. If you are going to walk around with anything pointy or bangy anywhere within the people’s republic of MA, make sure you have your paperwork in order. Second, what the f*** was he thinking telling them “there’s more inside, come on in”?

Has this dude been living under a rock? Dude, it’s Red Dawn out there, the commies have landed, get your shit together...

What some fail to realize here that in other parts of the country and even in another time this was normal behaviour. But to see so many current gun owners right here on this board gasp and wag fingers tells it all. If these folks are even the least bit stirred up imagine your how your rank and file moonbattery feels. Yeah not the least bit suprised this guys life is over...

So now improper storage applies differently to different types of guns?!??!

"Lyons-Montgomery also faces a state prison term of 1 1/2 to 12 years, a fine between $2,000 and $12,000, or both, if found guilty of improperly storing the AR-15."

Yeah I got think that is some made up crap right there, “improper storage” is extra improper if it is one of those scary black rifles.

:emoji_tiger:

Well he should know the rules of Massachusetts if you are going to own firearms here. I think the storage charges were just BS but the others he should have been aware of. Lesson learned the hard way

Yeah I got think that is some made up crap right there, “improper storage” is extra improper if it is one of those scary black rifles.

:emoji_tiger:
It’s extra improper if it’s “large capacity”

See MGL Ch 140, Section 131L

A violation of this section shall be punished, in the case of a firearm, rifle or shotgun that is not a large capacity weapon, by a fine of not less than $1000 nor more than $7,500 or by imprisonment for not more than 1 ½ years or by both such fine and imprisonment and, in the case of a large capacity weapon or machine gun, by a fine of not less than $2,000 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than 1 ½ years nor more than 12 years or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Dude, it’s Red Dawn out there, the commies have landed, get your shit together...
right, and brilliantly predicted as far back as 1966 via the film "the russians are coming, the russians are coming." no one listened then either.

This poor S.O.B. probably believed what it said on his $2. FID card. Valid for life or until it is revoked.

What some fail to realize here that in other parts of the country and even in another time this was normal behaviour. But to see so many current gun owners right here on this board gasp and wag fingers tells it all. If these folks are even the least bit stirred up imagine your how your rank and file moonbattery feels. Yeah not the least bit suprised this guys life is over...
Dude, I’m all for doing cowboy shit as long as whoever does it knows they’re likely to get caught if they aren’t smart about it. Walking around with a shotgun on his back in eastern MA, while should be legal no matter what state, type of firearm, or licensed vs. not, is a good way to get f***ed over by the neighbors.
This guy is just straight stupid or incredibly ignorant.

Interesting he was initially told to go home and stow the gun. Only later did the detective do some detecting. That was the guys window to get his shit together. It sounds like the police might have been giving him a chance, which he declined

Back
Top Bottom