1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Man arrested in Essex Mass for carrying shotgun

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 556USER, May 20, 2019.

1. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Tis very true. We are more Europe than America here. It's pleasantly SHOCKING to see the feelings on guns in much of the country.

Tis also true. Ignerts of the law is not an excuse.

Double secret capacity.

Dammit. Beat me to it. I was in traffic!

AHM likes this.
  2. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

Hey,we’re first in the nation again! And only. The only state to pass storage laws.
    No other state (even commiefornia) will go to this extreme to make its citizens criminals but right here!

We’re so blessed.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    CatSnoutSoup likes this.
  3. poorbucks

poorbucks

yes, a bit stupid on his part..........but the charges being racked up are bogus, at the end of the day, it's a constitutional right..........sad

CatSnoutSoup likes this.
  4. slipknot

slipknot NES Member

I feel for the guy, this state sucks.

So in this state are we supposed to lock up our extra killy high capacity preban magazines if they are empty? Storage laws are confusing for a reason I guess.

The Anti's only care that one more gun owner has been checked off the list in their goal of disarmament , really pathetic.

5. StevieP

StevieP NES Member

Why not just SAY 5747 rounds?

That's like people who say "I finished in the top five." No, you finished fifth. Otherwise you'd have said you finished fourth, third, etc...

Prepper and headednorth like this.
  6. mrmike7189

mrmike7189

Unfortunate for him he did NOT have a hunting license nor a valid firearms license. What do you expect the police to do?
    If you drive around town with no drivers license. You get a ride to jail as well.
    It 's Massachusetts.....you need a license for everything!
    (thought everbody knew?)

7. PaulR

PaulR NES Member

This, and this.

It's like he got his warning.....but then they had to follow up with diligence, and the Popo had to cover their own asses........Not entirely unlike the 1960's to early 80's when the officer caught you and the GF drinking a beer on lovers hill....told you to drive straight home or he's telling your parents and HER parents what you were doing....These days are LONG gone.

8. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Depends. If it's NazCah or a season of fishing tourneys or something, having eight top-5 finishes means something. But the Blue Jays came in second yesterday afternoon. I'm pretty sure they aren't proud of it. Especially at 12-2. So I see your point.

9. Blooglo

Blooglo NES Member

Safety and Storage Devices
    If you decide to keep a firearm in your home you must consider the issue of how to store the firearm in a safe and secure manner. California recognizes the importance of safe storage by requiring that all firearms sold in California be accompanied by a DOJ-approved firearms safety device or proof that the purchaser owns a gun safe that meets regulatory standards established by the Department. The current list of DOJ-approved firearms safety devices and the gun safe standards can be viewed by visiting http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/fsdcertlist.

////////////////////

Transfers of firearms to persons who demonstrate ownership of a qualifying gun safe. Ownership may be demonstrated by displaying to the firearms dealer: 1) A receipt indicating purchase of, or an affidavit, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that the purchaser owns a gun safe, and 2) An affidavit, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that the gun safe meets the standards set forth in DOJ regulations.

10. CCW

CCW

Second mistake...talking to the cops
    Third mistake...allowing them in the house
    Fourth mistake...telling them where the guns are

He could have not even answered the door....

andrew1220 likes this.
  11. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

I don’t know what point you are trying to make, but in the land of fruits and nuts ,

Once you get your firearm home you can leave it on the kitchen table if you choose ,

And no one is coming in to arrest you for it. Only MA.has STORAGE laws, an obvious distinction from transfer point of sale laws.

12. SERE

SERE NES Life Member NES Member

However, when they get to your house they don't take your wife's car, your son and daughters car and all the tools in the garage.

McReef and W.E.C like this.
  13. whacko

whacko NES Member

And they would have returned with a warrant for search of the house.

14. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

First , I'm not sure how the hell you can get lost in what little woods there are in Essex.
    You couldn't possibly walk a half hour in a straight line and not hit a road..

Second, He had a shot right at the front door to just hand them the shotgun, keep his mouth shut and call it a day.
    As Ron white would say , He had the right to remain silent , just not the ability.

When the police are at your door , it's not with a plate of cookies to welcome you to the neighborhood . STFU or
    Think before your cakehole is in motion.

In a perfect world they could have told the guy he needed to get himself an FID for the shotgun , he could have said thanks I'll take care of that right away and everyone leaves happy.

But this is Ma.

AHM likes this.
  15. MisterHappy

MisterHappy NES Member

On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
    He didn't have a license, according to the story, so he had nobody tell him the facts of Gun Life in the PRM.

This is the tricky thing about the .mil exemption from the LTC training requirement (which I do not believe should be mandatory, but bears on the story)....some day, GI Joe from another state will move here, get his LTC and get jammed up on a quirk of MGLs that they were unaware of.

16. rudiewhitebwoy

rudiewhitebwoy NES Life Member NES Member

I have a customer that lives on the next street over. I saw him today and said what's going on in your neighborhood. He had no idea what I was talking about. I started to tell him and he said " No shit, I saw that guy walking around with a shotgun". He said he was an older guy, kinda frumpy looking, wandering aimlessly. He said not threatening, just looked kinda lost.

AHM likes this.
  17. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

It’s a web of laws and they did it that way for a reason. Meanwhile gang members plea out and don’t do anytime for firearms charges in Boston

18. McReef

McReef NES Member

Who gasped or wagged fingers?

19. Nick Fury

Nick Fury

Well since you asked I would start here:

20. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Not sure what that would do- there are metric tons of people who take BFS courses in MA who barely have any idea of the laws....

andrew1220 likes this.
  21. McReef

McReef NES Member

If I walked through a strange neighborhood with a shotgun on my shoulder I would fully expect to get the cops called on me. I don’t think this is the way it should be, but I actually posses eyes, ears, and a small amount of common sense, therefor I know this is how it is.

There is only one finger I am waving, and it ain’t at that poor son of a bitch. I thought I was pretty clear where my ire lies.

Are you trolling a gun forum looking for anti-gunners?

22. Len-2A Training

Len-2A Training Instructor Instructor NES Life Member NES Member

Mike, I fixed it for you!

andrew1220 likes this.
  23. CCW

CCW

Maybe. The fact is he handed them his head on a silver platter. Without his consent there may be a chance of getting things tossed in court etc.

24. whacko

whacko NES Member

Agreed. I was just stating a fact.

25. MisterHappy

MisterHappy NES Member

On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
    I agree (and with Len). My point was that part of the state requiring training was that the relevant MGLs would be passed along. [rolleyes]

With the .mil exemption from classes does is sets up a Vet for failure on some storage or transportation thing. If you've spent your life in Free America, there's plenty of pitfalls of which you will be unaware.

Len-2A Training likes this.
  26. AHM

AHM NES Member

If the guy's actually a few fries short of a Happy Meal,
    maybe they're not gonna want to deal with incarcerating him...

27. garandman

garandman Instructor NES Member

Urban yoot in Boston, out on $500 bail, hearing in 7 months....

28. JenkkiMike

JenkkiMike

Exactly what I thought when I read the article. Everything was reasonable until they charged him with a crime. A guy is walking around in the woods with a shotgun which should be perfectly legal. Someone sees a guy with a shotgun and calls the cops. Ok fine. The cops come and tell him to go home and put the shotgun away and the guy complies with their request. Again, reasonable. That is the point where the story should have ended. The guy cooperated with police. f*** this state. The exact same scenario could have played out here in Mass in 1819 and nobody would have given a single f***.

29. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

In 1975 no one would have given a f*ck.
    Then moonbats came along.

Nick Fury and wahsben like this.