Man accused of plot to shoot up Salt Lake mall

Planning to buys guns, planning to buy silencers, planning to buy five magazines.

No reason to ban AR15s here media people. Just move along...

Last edited:
Doesn't he know what the wait time looks like for the tax stamps?!

OK, cue the:

"What? How can you support this? Didn't start shooting? No crime. Nobody was hurt. No Pre-crime division."

Well, really what was he charged with? Terroristic threats? As much as the guy seems like a nutter from what I can tell he didn't actually break a law yet he's being held on $1million bond.

Maybe he should be committed rather than in jail?

Well, really what was he charged with? Terroristic threats? As much as the guy seems like a nutter from what I can tell he didn't actually break a law yet he's being held on $1million bond.

Maybe he should be committed rather than in jail?

No we should be sending him to Gitmo. it's for the children

All he needed was the FBI to give him all the supplies.

Man makes plan to shoot people, doesn't have a gun.

Sounds like a guy doesn't create much success in life.

I'm sorry but I am having a hard time thinking this was a credible threat.

This is why it's dangerous to include mental health issues in the gun rights' debates. How do you prove a negative, especially when this fruit cake didn't yet possess any of the items he planned to use? Fortunately, IMO, the system worked in this instance because many of the past shooters had mental health issues. The scary part is, how many more of these types like him are out there?

So if the guy has a couple of dozen guns and is on the way to the mall, and of course they are all stored properly for transport.... still no crime, no victim, no harm, no foul, right? No pre-crime punishments here!

So if the guy has a couple of dozen guns and is on the way to the mall, and of course they are all stored properly for transport.... still no crime, no victim, no harm, no foul, right? No pre-crime punishments here!

Maybe he was going to do a face to face transaction in the mall parking lot, not like that has ever happened. but hey I agree. joe blow said he was going to kill his wife during the heated argument he had with her so we should lock him up, take away his guns and his rights without due process.

This guy didn't even own guns, and planned on getting them, a silencer(suppressor) and 5 magazines by today. Yes he had a well thought out plan, down to every last detail except, how he was going to buy the guns and ammunition and make the bomb and...

Also consider this is the reliable and trustworthy media that got it's information from the equally reliable and trustworthy government.

Goes back to the question should the mentally disturbed be allowed to have guns?

Then it goes does down to what is catagorized as a mentally disturbed person and who is going to be the one making this decision. Is there a review and re-determination period as mental status may have changed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I see plenty of evidence to hold him for observation - He has an assigned crisis counselor so there is a definable issue.

The next step would be to make a case before a judge to remove his rights - one with competent counsel representing him.

If observation does not show just cause for judicial review, release him with a stern warning that free expression only goes so far.

Wild guess - lives in mom's basement?

4a28c2df3de451203e0f6a706700073f.jpg

Pitiful excuse for journalism.

I saw these sorts of threats all the time when I worked as an inpatient psych counselor at Malden Hospital.

This is a psychiatric outpatient seeking an involuntary committal to an inpatient psych unit. They go in regularly for the meds, the food/shelter, and the social life.

You just need to say you're homicidal or suicidal...having "a plan" guarantees a 7-10 day free ride in Thorazine-ville.

Describing the "plan" is the fun part. This guy's totally unoriginal: two recent mass-shootings and a plot line from that horrible movie "Speed".

Last edited:
I saw these sorts of threats all the time when I worked as an inpatient psych counselor at Malden Hospital.

Addicts would cycle in around the 20th (after the SSI check ran out) saying they were homicidal or suicidal. They had to get creative on the plot because getting a 7-10 day commitment requires "a plan".

Is it a voluntary commitment or an involuntary one? Or can it be either depending on the level of cooperation?

Back
Top Bottom