Man accused of firing gun during altercation with burglar in Nashua

MaverickNH

NES Member

NASHUA, N.H. —
Nashua police said they arrested a man after he was accused of firing a gun while trying to stop a burglar from taking car parts. Todd Bulliner, 38, was taken into custody on Lake Street around 3:30 a.m. on Monday. Police said he got into an altercation with a man who was stealing parts off parked cars in the area.

Bulliner allegedly pulled out a gun and fired one shot. The action did not injure anyone, but police said Bulliner later hit the burglar with the gun.

"In this particular instance, the defendant was a victim a few nights prior, holding out his own surveillance looking for a perpetrator or someone to come back. And in this particular instance, someone did present themselves and he more or less caught them in the act,” said Lt. Scott Hudon with Nashua Police Department.

Bulliner faces charges of reckless conduct and second-degree assault. The burglar was not taken into custody.

How to not use a gun to protect property…leave a live criminal to dispute your self-defense story after discharging your gun and then pistol whipping the criminal with your gun.

NASHUA, N.H. —
Nashua police said they arrested a man after he was accused of firing a gun while trying to stop a burglar from taking car parts. Todd Bulliner, 38, was taken into custody on Lake Street around 3:30 a.m. on Monday. Police said he got into an altercation with a man who was stealing parts off parked cars in the area.

Bulliner allegedly pulled out a gun and fired one shot. The action did not injure anyone, but police said Bulliner later hit the burglar with the gun.

"In this particular instance, the defendant was a victim a few nights prior, holding out his own surveillance looking for a perpetrator or someone to come back. And in this particular instance, someone did present themselves and he more or less caught them in the act,” said Lt. Scott Hudon with Nashua Police Department.

Bulliner faces charges of reckless conduct and second-degree assault. The burglar was not taken into custody.

How to not use a gun to protect property…leave a live criminal to dispute your self-defense story after discharging your gun and then pistol whipping the criminal with your gun.
That’s awful… There is no justice in the world

The wife and all of her friends just got jury duty.I have gotten it once and I haven’t had to show up in 15 years. If somebody ever said “in my years of and training and experience” The follow up question would be how long have you been on the force?

They don’t want me on a jury because you have to be caught dead to rights.. Or be diddling children

"The burglar was not taken into custody."

why am i not surprised? This is a main pillar of the destruction of our society as we know it.
The police might THINK they are helping the criminals turn their lives around, but the police are just pushing common citizens to stand up for their rights.
When a person is caught stealing parts off of parked cars, that perp needs to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. period. otherwise there will be more and more of these confontations in the future.

So he was a victim and a couple days later he found the person who likely did it.

Can’t do the job of the police and make them look bad and not expect to get arrested I guess

Last edited:
Should have killed the thief, picked up his brass, and went back to bed.
at least he would have some satisfaction this way, as neighbor karens would report him either way. now he will go to jail either way anyway.

"The burglar was not taken into custody."

why am i not surprised? This is a main pillar of the destruction of our society as we know it.
The police might THINK they are helping the criminals turn their lives around, but the police are just pushing common citizens to stand up for their rights.
When a person is caught stealing parts off of parked cars, that perp needs to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. period. otherwise there will be more and more of these confontations in the future.

Back in the mid 90's, a former Metro cop told me a story about catching a guy who was trying to steal a car. He said the guy was in the drivers seat with some tools trying to break open the steering column. The cop spotted him and ran towards the guy yelling "freeze, police!". The guy tried to jump out and run, but the cop kicked the door shut with the guys hand in the way, and broke the guys hand.
When he got to court, the guy held up his hand (in a cast) and was crying to the judge "look, he broke my hand". The judge replied "well, I guess you won't be stealing more cars anytime soon". The courtroom broke out in laughter.
Too bad good old "police work" like that won't fly anymore, the cop would be facing charges of brutality and causing bodily harm.

"The burglar was not taken into custody." Does that mean they let him go or didnt catch him?
it is not a prosecutable crime what he was doing, so, i do not think they would even try to book him.
it is just an intent to commit a burglary - not punishable. not like an intent to protest a government that would make you a domestic terrorist with all your rights and constitutional protections revoked.

Back in the mid 90's, a former Metro cop told me a story about catching a guy who was trying to steal a car. He said the guy was in the drivers seat with some tools trying to break open the steering column. The cop spotted him and ran towards the guy yelling "freeze, police!". The guy tried to jump out and run, but the cop kicked the door shut with the guys hand in the way, and broke the guys hand.
When he got to court, the guy held up his hand (in a cast) and was crying to the judge "look, he broke my hand". The judge replied "well, I guess you won't be stealing more cars anytime soon". The courtroom broke out in laughter.
Too bad good old "police work" like that won't fly anymore, the cop would be facing charges of brutality and causing bodily harm.
ha ha, that tale is like a ode from days of yore, long ago in a land far away

Leave gun at home. Beat the guy with a good stout tree branch that you brought with you. When the cops come claim the guy came after you so you grabbed a branch off the ground and defended yourself.

Todd Bulliner has learned an important lesson -- you can never talk your way out of police custody. He'd have been better served saying nothing.

it is not a prosecutable crime what he was doing, so, i do not think they would even try to book him.
it is just an intent to commit a burglary - not punishable.
Phrasing is important -- news reports make it sound as if the perp had successfully removed parts from a parked car, so more than just "intent".

Back
Top Bottom