Man accidentally shot in restaurant when firearm discharges

Poor guy. But why carry a 22 revolver? Not familiar with the older style but what about half cock safety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the media will have a field day with this. man legally carries gun for protection ends up being his own worst enemy. The dems/anti's will use it to prove either A - you're x times more likely to hurt yourself or B - the elderly cannot be trusted to safely handle/carry firearms.

pick your poison, they are compiling their list...

the media will have a field day with this. man legally carries gun for protection ends up being his own worst enemy. The dems/anti's will use it to prove either A - you're x times more likely to hurt yourself or B - the elderly cannot be trusted to safely handle/carry firearms.

Yup. Good reason to carry a more modern gun that won't fire when dropped or don't keep the hammer cocked.

That's why they used to carry on an empty chamber back in the olden times.
The chamber was not supposed to be empty - you were supposed to leave a $20 in the chamber for the undertaker to pay for your funeral.
Yup. Good reason to carry a more modern gun that won't fire when dropped or don't keep the hammer cocked.
Some older single actions can go off if dropped on a down hammer (no firing pin block or interlock).

I don't understand why people carry these freakin fossils.

This isn't the first time someone has been shot because an antiquated POS was used as a carry gun.

Don't flatter yourself. These people have other bigger issues to deal with. They are not scouring such news articles, like you, to obsess about.

Thanks

He's amply demonstrated that even a .22 can be an effective weapon. Although maybe he'd be better off spending the cash on a more modern firearm.

I should talk. I still CC a blunderbuss.
There is a difference between "lethal" and "effective". He was able to get up and say "call an ambulance" - that energy could have leveled a gun and pulled the trigger.
This isn't the first time someone has been shot because an antiquated POS was used as a carry gun.
Remember the Sterling .380 - went out of business because of drop discharges.

Don't flatter yourself. These people have other bigger issues to deal with. They are not scouring such news articles, like you, to obsess about.

Thanks
I have to give you this one. According to the news I watch, despite NK possessing nukes and ICBMs and Chicago, Baltimore and other hell holes setting murder records, it seems the most important thing this nation has to deal with right now is civil war statues along with conservatives being given a microphone to speak in to.

He's amply demonstrated that even a .22 can be an effective weapon. Although maybe he'd be better off spending the cash on a more modern firearm.

I should talk. I still CC a blunderbuss.

Yup. A few Christmases ago ish (actually early December) I responded to an apparent suicide. Poor guy did himself in with Benjamin .22 air gun. Its all about shot placement.

- - - Updated - - -

When I first started working, I carried a S&W Model 19 .357 Magnum. There were some old timers that left the hammer down on an empty chamber

Last edited:
Last edited:

Whatever.
F*ck what the media, Dems, Antis etc etc think, say and do...You could empty the entire mag of a Glock 17 and take out seventeen daycare-attacking raghead terrorist scumbags....But if one round ended up in the wall instead in Abdul's turban?
The Bloomturds and Moms Against and all the other usual idiots would scream at you for endangering the kids.

Yup. A few Christmases ago ish (actually early December) I responded to an apparent suicide. Poor guy did himself in with Benjamin .22 air gun. Its all about shot placement.

- - - Updated - - -

When I first started working, I carried a S&W Model 19 .357 Magnum. There were some old timers that left the hammer down on an empty chamber
Anyone remember shortly after Reagan was shot, they said he'd probably have been the "better off" had Hinckley used a 38 instead of his 22 revolver (cuz the 22 "pinballed" around Reagan's ribs after entering his side, nearly killing him)...

Anyone remember shortly after Reagan was shot, they said he'd probably have been the "better off" had Hinckley used a 38 instead of his 22 revolver (cuz the 22 "pinballed" around Reagan's ribs after entering his side, nearly killing him)...

The "pinballing" of the .22 has always been the subject of much folklore, some of which is probably true, Im actually curious myself.
Steve Martin discusses it in the movie " My Blue Heaven", which if you havent seen, you dont know what youre missing. Fun Fact; My Blue Heaven was written by Nicholas Pileggis' wife, and is said to be more of an accurate depiction of Henry Hills life than Goodfellas was. Of course that would be after Hill went into WITSEC.

As usual, Ive digressed. Ive also always wondered how accurate the " dude ya cant get bowlisticks off a twunney too" thought process is.

From that same scene I found out that CPAC and the MSP ballistics guy wont take a .22 Benjamin airgun in as evidence, even though it was used in a suicide.

75 people, mostly children, are killed by lawnmowers every year. Imagine if each single accident, thousands of them, were reported nationally like gun accidents? It would seem like an epidemic, and we'd have Paul Ryan calling for banning of lawn mowers.

Yep, Ruger old style Blackhawk without the transfer bar system. New models should not fire when dropped.

The Blackhawk was originally a .357 and later updated to take many other large rounds. I have never seen a Rim fire Blackhawk. It looks like an old model Single-six if it was a .22 as reported in the article.

I don't understand why people carry these freakin fossils.

Carrying an old model, with the chamber under the hammer empty is perfectly safe.

Whether a single action revolver is an old model, or new, it is potentially a very good choice for the owner that knows what they are carrying. Especially with the new loads that are available to include snake shot. Add in the double actions and the world is your oyster.

Matt

Clarksville, you say?

Ruger will upgrade or replace these revolvers FOR FREE because of the known safety issue. Why people and FFLs that come across them don't bother calling Ruger for the complimentary upgrade or replacement is beyond me.

Why?
Because it would "destroy the value".

I have a Ruger Blackhawk old model that Ruger will update with a safety feature for free. I just need to pay shipping to them. This feature is related to carrying hammer dropped on a loaded chamber.

This is not a carry gun and only sees daylight at the range. I talked to a gunsmith about sending it in for the update and he was quite against the idea. He said I'd destroy the value.

Emphasis mine.

Read the whole thread.

Last edited:

One of the issues with the .22 ammunition that Hinkley used was that it was a "Devastator" round, supposedly with an exploding projectile. If I recall, they did not explode, but one of them had to be left in place in Reagan's body, and they contained lead azide as the explosive. There was a concern that it might be toxic.

Back
Top Bottom