• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man accidentally shot in restaurant when firearm discharges

When I first started working, I carried a S&W Model 19 .357 Magnum. There were some old timers that left the hammer down on an empty chamber
The Colt Python manual contained a caution to carry on an empty chamber. Once a piece of "safety advice" makes in into the folklore, it's dang near impossible to get corporate legal to let you remove the warning.

Ruger will upgrade or replace these revolvers FOR FREE because of the known safety issue. Why people and FFLs that come across them don't bother calling Ruger for the complimentary upgrade or replacement is beyond me.
Especially when you consider that Ruger returns the original parts to preserve collector's value of the guns.

I always heard it was a dollar in the chamber, and you'd "Pass the buck" as you loaded to ensure it was under the hammer.

As for carrying a single action - I've done it a time or two. Usually in the woods, my Single Six makes a great small game gun and I carry my .45LC Blackhawk for bear. I don't often change out my guns mid trip, so I'll stick with what I'm carrying most times.

I always heard it was a dollar in the chamber, and you'd "Pass the buck" as you loaded to ensure it was under the hammer.

As for carrying a single action - I've done it a time or two. Usually in the woods, my Single Six makes a great small game gun and I carry my .45LC Blackhawk for bear. I don't often change out my guns mid trip, so I'll stick with what I'm carrying most times.
Didn't the winner in a gunfight typically take the valuables of the loser? Like, including the gun?

Back
Top Bottom