• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Malloy Signed it, Now lets get started fighting it

The nonsense has become law, now how do we get it erased?

We need a lawyer (or two); volunteers? Suggestions?

And we will probably need money; are their any groups in CT that already handle this type of thing (like GOAL)? I will gladly send a check!

Is there really any chance in hell that the awb could be erased.

Read Heller and McDonald and decide for yourself.

- The USSC has ruled that the 2A is a fundamental right. Laws must be evaluated based on strict scrutiny.

- There is no justifiable compelling government interest in enacting these laws. "For the children" is NOT good enough.

- The AR-15 is one of if not the most popular rifle on the commercial market today. There's no way in hell a ban on the AR-15 will pass the sniff test set by Heller and McDonald.

- A fee or other undue burden CANNOT BE LEVIED to exercise a fundamental right because of equal protection (it puts an undue burden on the poor to exercise a fundamental right). This was how Jim Crow laws were rightfully shot down. A tax or levy on the sale or purchase of firearms or ammo designed to restrict commerce is simply unconstitutional.

What pisses me off the most is that NO thought is given to the Constitutionality of these laws, and the subsequent MILLIONS OF TAXPAYER DOLLARS that will be wasted on litigation and lawyers fees...all for naught when they are struck down. It's a disgusting waste of money as well as being an affront to liberty.

I would LOVE to see a separate lawsuit filed against the individuals responsible for this WASTE to dissuade the type of knee-jerk crap we've seen in the past few months.

Read Heller and McDonald and decide for yourself.

- The USSC has ruled that the 2A is a fundamental right. Laws must be evaluated based on strict scrutiny.

- There is no justifiable compelling government interest in enacting these laws. "For the children" is NOT good enough.

- The AR-15 is one of if not the most popular rifle on the commercial market today. There's no way in hell a ban on the AR-15 will pass the sniff test set by Heller and McDonald.

- A fee or other undue burden CANNOT BE LEVIED to exercise a fundamental right because of equal protection (it puts an undue burden on the poor to exercise a fundamental right). This was how Jim Crow laws were rightfully shot down. A tax or levy on the sale or purchase of firearms or ammo designed to restrict commerce is simply unconstitutional.

What pisses me off the most is that NO thought is given to the Constitutionality of these laws, and the subsequent MILLIONS OF TAXPAYER DOLLARS that will be wasted on litigation and lawyers fees...all for naught when they are struck down. It's a disgusting waste of money as well as being an affront to liberty.

I would LOVE to see a separate lawsuit filed against the individuals responsible for this WASTE to dissuade the type of knee-jerk crap we've seen in the past few months.

Oh, I'm sure they already have some law that says they can't be personally responsible for anything they do, but there needs to be accountability one way or another

I understand Heller and McDonald it is against the law what they are doing but the ? is what is gong to be done about it and how many years it will take.

I understand Heller and McDonald it is against the law what they are doing but the ? is what is gong to be done about it and how many years it will take.

Too many. The SCOTUS is part of the establishment, and will NEVER rule against this, given the crisis they are (or will soon be) facing, regardless of precedent.

It's not going to be removed. You're years away from a SCOTUS case even if you started now and SCOTUS has made it clear they will support "reasonable restrictions".

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to buy a machine gun, yet here we are.

The courts don't care about the constitution.

CT and NYS citizens and gun groups with the NRA are taking these unconstitutional laws to court. I do think these laws will be repealed, Just a question? while these unconstitutional laws are going to be contested in state courts. Do you still have to register while the lawsuit goes on? what if this takes 2 years in the fighting in the courts is the Gun Bill that CT passed will it still be in effect to register by january 1,2014

You do have to register, which I believe is the plot altogether. Typically, these laws are taken down one line at a time. This can take YEARS. In the meantime, you and bubba have become quite the cute couple. Not cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom