Mall shooting in NJ?

what i don't understand... if their are so many of us people, who do legally carry. why has not one single person who is a "ltc a" has never took a shoot at not even one of the guys who come into a public place to start shooting randomly.

what i don't understand... if their are so many of us people, who do legally carry. why has not one single person who is a "ltc a" has never took a shoot at not even one of the guys who come into a public place to start shooting randomly.

I'll let you know after I've been somewhere someone's been shooting at me.

Isn't that what the first two pages of the NRA magazine is all about? And what about that guy who shot the maniac in the hospital so stabbed his doctor. He started off as an ltc holder, then he turned in to an off duty security guard, by the end he was an off duty special police officer so everything was cool.

You need to realize how rare and unlikely an active shooter existing is, and then compound that with how rare and unlikely it is for a LTC holder to be at the location of said active shooter. This isn't a knock on CCW, rather a reality of how uncommon gun violence is outside of large urban centers, where I expect most LTC holders to live because large urban areas often have counter logical restrictions on firearms.

Because at that point we become the criminal. At least in Mass.
Granted. I think most of us would want to help. But it may not be the smartest legal move you could make.

Having said that. If my life, or those in my immediate vicinity are endangered. I'd be hard pressed not to do something.
(Sorry Marsha,Deval)

Maybe because "never" isn't true.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2012/12/mass-killings-stopped-by-armed-citizens.html

ETA: And that doesn't even cover half of them probably. If no one dies, it doesn't make the national news. We had a guy ejected from a bar in Manch come back in shooting some years back. Another patron shot him in the leg, the attacker fled, and the patrons chased him down, then gave first aid until the police arrived. No one died.

Last edited:

On top of that, step 1 is to remove yourself from the situation if there's any way possible. Step 2, once you've exhausted all options for step 1, then you start shooting back.

I'd wager defensive use of legal CCWs to stop would-be mass shooters happens a whole lot more than is reported, more than the gunwatch blog found in national news, too. Here's the story about the legally-carrying guy who stopped a dude from shooting up a bar - just 2007 in Manchester: http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070415/NEWS/70415009

These do not make national news unless people die. It doesn't fit the agenda.

Remember: Gun-free zones turn shootings into slaughters.

You mean like the mall shooting a few months(?) ago in I think Seattle? You remember, the one that got the barest mention in the news once the media found out a tragedy was averted by lawful gun owners? They don't report those.

ETA: It was reported as a possible "copy cat" shortly after one of the more or less recent "mass shootings". I don't recall which one, how long ago, but it was in Oregon or Washington. My recollection isn't clear enough to do a search, but I DO recall how fast the media dropped the story.

Further ETA: strangenh's link mentions the shooting, I believe: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...amas-concealed-carry-showdown-the-full-story/

Last edited:
You mean like the mall shooting a few months(?) ago in I think Seattle? You remember, the one that got the barest mention in the news once the media found out a tragedy was averted by lawful gun owners? They don't report those.

maybe that's it, the news does not report the good news and only the bad.

I love how they linked this to terrorist activity in Kenya. Not even in a subtle way, but just like "oh, and people with guns are pure evil Kenyan terrorists. Kthxbye"

Two months ago, a group of al Qaeda-linked militants launched an attack on a mall in Nairobi, Kenya, that killed 67 people.

Just slowly repeating it until the association of people with guns are always terrorists are the only detail people remember from these stories.

Back
Top Bottom