Mall ninja wiki

A co-worker and I used the term mall ninja in a conversation and another co-worker laughed at the term as he'd never heard it before. I told him it's an old term and googled it for him. It brought me to this page and I found it accurate and amusing, especially the EDC part. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mall_ninja

If the page is missing something please feel free to add your definition of a mall ninja.

from Wiki:
The first widely-known use of the term came from the gun enthusiast forum GlockTalk, where a clown asking for tactical advice claimed to be the sergeant of a special security team in one of the nation's largest malls, as well as a master of ninjutsu; his claims only got more ridiculous from there. Hence the "mall ninja".

[laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2]

This link was at the bottom. Funniest sht ever.
http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

I just finished reading that. It's unreal. People like that can't really exist. I think they were playing games just to mess with people.

For the record, if you wear 5.11 type pants, but nothing else in the "tactical" category, does that alone make one a mall ninja. I just bought a pair for comfort and utility and now I'm a bit paranoid of the label mall ninja. [thinking]

I just finished reading that. It's unreal. People like that can't really exist. I think they were playing games just to mess with people.

For the record, if you wear 5.11 type pants, but nothing else in the "tactical" category, does that alone make one a mall ninja. I just bought a pair for comfort and utility and now I'm a bit paranoid of the label mall ninja. [thinking]
I have a giant Kennedy/dumpster sized head and the only baseball hat I've found that fits is a flex-fit and the only decent looking flex fits I've found are a little too "operator" (5.11 included)for a civi like me. On the fence...

Very, very funny sh!it!!!

I do think it was people messing with others, but it was well done and compiles a lot of crazy crap we all have heard from poseur's mouths.

Or is it? [hmmm]

This link was at the bottom. Funniest sht ever.
http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

hello friends,
Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.
What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.
Here is the questions. The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.
Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?
BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.
Thanks!
Sounds legit to me[hmmm]

I re-read the archived thread and in reality, I think everyone was too quick to judge Gecko45. He may have been slightly over-enthusiastic regarding his job and chosen armament, but his command of high level weaponry knowledge was actually quite good. I wonder if he can still be found online somewhere as I have been pondering myself the most effective means to attach extra plates for protection in high risk environments.

I too face daily exposure to significant threats at the workplace. Most of you would never be able to comprehend the potential danger I grimly face as my job requires ~50% foreign travel to various countries where it would be difficult for me to obtain the proper permits to carry. Most of my travel destinations would have BG's utilizing Eastern bloc weaponry that typically feature larger calibers and steel cores. Since I need to move quickly from country to country and can't be bogged down with all the red tape, I may as well have the ultimate protection. I don't think most readily available plates & carriers will protect me from multiple hits of 7.62 etc.

If anyone has an idea where to find Gecko45, I would like his advice regarding his extra plate attachment methods. In particular, I'd like to know his source for tactical duct tape. Actually, I'd wait for his advice whether to use the tactical duct tape or simply apply the 'hook' component of hook and loop velcro to the body-side surface of the plates. Probably he could help me to select best plates regarding overall protection and fit. If anyone knows how to reach Gecko45, please forward my pic so he can recommend to me the best plates and attachment method:

View attachment 112371 Duct tape or velcro?

i read this guys posts a while back but it is still funny reading them all over again. I should google to see if i can find the original threads, they must have been biblical in their epicness.

Whoever Gecko45 is, i deserves to be placed in the online troll Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
It is definitely a well crafted trolling from a couple guys. They used PG language so the thread didnt get locked. Its the "special boots to climb walls", the ass virginity, the backflip over the concessions stand and Asian gang who were suspected of trying to steal the Mortal Combat arcade machine over an epic firefight that slightly give it away. [rofl]

I think you have to show up at the 25 yard range with camo pants, a drop leg holster,knee and elbow pads and a mollie vest before they let you in the club.

Lol...Gecko45 and McUzi are 2 classic Mall Ninjas,they made appearances over on AK-47.net back in the late 90s early y2k.

I remember Gecko45 from Armslocker back in the day. He was much more interesting than Gunkid (in all his various aliases), another member of that forum.

bodygaurd.jpg

One of my favorites.
http://tacticalbodyguardservices.com/

Back
Top Bottom