Malden Gun Buyback

I went down there, turned in an old bb handgun that hasn't worked in 20 years. Got $25 bucks for it. When I was there, place was empty, don't think they got much business.

So no pics of a pile of rusty shotguns and no claims of a "Huge success"? The Malden kids can go back to getting "high" Jack.
It's all smoke and mirrors. Always was and always will be. Makes the gullible sheeple feel more secure and that the cops are actually being proactive rather than reactive. Personally, I would toss an old, rusted-out worthless firearm into the sea rather than turn it in for a few bucks and validate these types of anti-gun actions.

Yeah, the Malden police were really over-the-top pathetic on this. Complete dishonesty. [thinking]

I hate trying to convey emotion on a forum. I was just stating the facts. I was surprised, though, to get a phone call with a long message from the COP about a political issue. I wonder how they choose the phone numbers they call and leave these texts and voice messages on, never a live person to ask questions of. Was it to all phones in the area, was it to gun owners or all Malden voters? I don't know how this stuff works, who pays for it and has access to these lists? Posting on FB, Twitter and Instagram, Local Paper are one thing. I guess I am not used to phone numbers being used in this way. I know I am a "phone fudd". If NES wanted to hold a 50%-discount-wholesale-yard-sale event to sell gun safes in the same parking lot would "we" get the same access and support?

Matt

I hate trying to convey emotion on a forum. I was just stating the facts. I was surprised, though, to get a phone call with a long message from the COP about a political issue. I wonder how they choose the phone numbers they call and leave these texts and voice messages on, never a live person to ask questions of. Was it to all phones in the area, was it to gun owners or all Malden voters? I don't know how this stuff works, who pays for it and has access to these lists? Posting on FB, Twitter and Instagram, Local Paper are one thing. I guess I am not used to phone numbers being used in this way. I know I am a "phone fudd". If NES wanted to hold a 50%-discount-wholesale-yard-sale event to sell gun safes in the same parking lot would "we" get the same access and support?

Matt

Did you sign up for Code Red? That is how I get automated messages from the police.

Did you sign up for Code Red? That is how I get automated messages from the police.

What makes this a "Code Red" worthy event. Something that can be advertised a week in advance doesn't seem to be a 'code red' type event. I am signed up for Code Red and this did not come under that number as the others have. Its almost as if they use a service to get messages out and they have certain lists for different concerns. Malden gave a checklist to which lists you wanted to be on when you signed up.

ETA: It appears that Code Red grew/morphed into "Notify Me®".

Look at all the choices. It definitely appears to be a service and someone decided the 'buyback' list recipients.

Notify Me® Malden, MA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom