• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Malden Gun Buyback

"They say they worry about guns and mass shootings every day." Riiiight, I'm sure their social media accounts and phone conversations are all about those two topics...

Oh thank heavens for the Malden PD! I’m moving back to Melrose (on the Malden line) now!

Now to see how the PD divvies them up, and some a-hole officer commits a crime, but the gun gets traced back to the person who turned it in (because they’re supposed to take the person’s DL info and the gun’s serial number, or at least that’s what they did in FL when I lived there).

So no pics of a pile of rusty shotguns and no claims of a "Huge success"? The Malden kids can go back to getting "high" Jack.

Turned in Gunzs with huge success. Now we're safer!

images

upload_2019-10-6_15-39-18.png

damn 50 bucks..... my buddy has my old Raven .25 with a broken firing pin ( although I gave him a new firing pin 10 years ago he never put it in) , $50 bucks is more than I paid for it in 1981 ..... it might have been worth the trip over from Medfa for him to get rid of it

Was that a Marlin lever gun with the cobwebs still on it?

Grandma had to dig through ALL FOUR corners of the basement for that bad boy.

How can they buy back something they never sold you? It would be a lot better if they would buy back your speeding, parking ticket,
or how about a free get out of jail card.

It's all bullcrap Expecting a 15yo in 2019 to think for themselves and pick something smart is hard. Hell, it's hard to get a 40yo to think for themselves.

A few years ago, my daughter was a state officer in a national HS organization. Each year at the convention, they would do something with the local chapters as a charity event. Something the chapters could take back to their schools and do.

The main suggestion was some sort of food backpack. Because kids are starving in our schools. STARVING! THEY ARE GONNA DIE I TELLYA! They don't get breakfast. Mom and dad can't afford lunch. Some of them. . . . . . . . . . even don't eat dinner. The kids were practically crying about this problem. In mAssachusetts.

My daughter stepped in. "This is stupid. Do you know how much breakfast costs?? Eggs are $1.20 a dozen. A DOZEN! Oatmeal is cheaper than that. Kids that don't eat don't have poor parents. They have LAZY parents. There is no hunger problem in Massachusetts. Certainly not in the groups that we are in. And we aren't taking this stuff to the inner cities. It's for the local chapters to use in their schools. . . . WHICH ARE NOT POVERTY-STRICKEN!"

She got ostracized for it, but they ended up doing something else. These 5 other STATE leaders didn't know there WASN'T a hunger problem in mAss.

With all of that, how are we to assume that several students from Malden High are going to figure out that gun buybacks are not a worthy endeavor???

Yup, we're all safer with those old bolt action rifles off the street...

Malden high schoolers team up with police for gun buy back event

Not "off the street," but "out of people's closets." No gang-banger is turning in his bolt-action "deer rifle." I hate to be pedantic, but I hate the term "off the streets."

There was an article this week on Dick's destroying $5M of ARs to keep them "off the streets." As if Dick's sold them without background checks to the first vato that rolled in...

Not "off the street," but "out of people's closets." No gang-banger is turning in his bolt-action "deer rifle." I hate to be pedantic, but I hate the term "off the streets."

There was an article this week on Dick's destroying $5M of ARs to keep them "off the streets." As if Dick's sold them without background checks to the first vato that rolled in...

You hate to be pedantic but you'll do it anyway, lol. Looks like you missed the overall sarcasm in my post....

Back
Top Bottom