Making the Tavor MA compliant?

John2006

NES Member
Hi all,

I've been lusting after a Tavor for a while, and with prices at around $1600, I think the time is right to buy one. Anyway, I'm planning on adding the Miculek brake and was wondering if anyone could recommend a FFL/smith to do the transfer and mods (or has any suggestions for a different brake). Am in metro-west MA, but don't mind driving a little bit for the right shop.

Thanks!

I believe B&K Sales in Natick has them and can connect you with a smith who will make them MA compliant before you buy.

I am also in the market for a tavor as well. One for sale in Bourne massified for $2100 but I feel like a better deal can be found. Let me know what you come up with.

1776 will pin the brake and do the transfer for $70. Just need to supply the rifle and the brake. You can find the rifles for $1800 shipped if you look around.

went to 1776. riffle was $1699 $30 shipping, $30 transfer and $30 pin and weld (normally $40 I had a coupon from the gun show)

I mailed them the brake since I didn't live locally, great gun. Love it.

I think ive found the route I want to go. Love the Kryptek patterns. Im heading to Florida for a couple weeks, maybe I can pick one up down there, have them massify it, dip it and mail to my ffl in mass....

kry4_zps4f14e3e6.jpg

Last edited:
I went through Dan at Clarke Arms. Great guy. I had it shipped to 1776 to Massify. More good guys there!

I've heard good things about 1776. I would do it through Pullman Arms if I were to have a brake pinned since I have seen some of the welding work that they do. Definitely amazing work

Back
Top Bottom