• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Making an Ugly gun a little less Ugly

I started off with this, 12g single shot shotgun. I bought it like this for cheap. Someone had already beaten it with an ugly stick.

PXL_20210807_213313762.jpg

So after I cut the barrel down to 5.25 inches it looks like this. A little less ugly but more useless.

PXL_20210807_213345017.jpg

I tested it out today with some light target loads and the recoil was stout. I'm sure it would be extra fun with high brass or slugs. I probably will do some other things to it like clean up the grip, maybe try to figure out a little fore end and maybe paint the whole thing "tactical" black or maybe paint it an obnoxious multi color

(Disclaimer I am a 07/02 FFL)

I've made a couple of those in the past. First time you fire it one hand with hi brass or a slug and the hammer punches a neat hole in the web of your hand, you'll shitcan it. Like I did. I did make one from a H&R single leaving enough barrel so that I had the snap-on fore end to hang onto with the other hand. First shot it recoiled up and I had the fore end in my hand and a new hole in my other hand. Shitcanned that one too. Best bet is to use an old Ithaca pump for which you can get a pistol grip. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom