1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Makes me sick...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by senorFrog, Jan 31, 2006.

1. senorFrog

senorFrog

Gracias Pesidente Bush!

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/printDS/113080

Ranch is signed over to 2 immigrants

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    BISBEE — Two immigrants are now the legal owners of a Douglas-area ranch seized from an anti-immigrant activist.

Documents granting the 70-acre ranch once owned by Casey Nethercott to Fatima del Socorro Leiva Medina and Edwin Alfredo Mancia Gonzales were signed by a Cochise County judge on Monday.

Nethercott is serving a five-year prison term in Texas stemming from a 2003 incident on a Texas ranch where he confronted Leiva and Mancia and was accused of pistol-whipping them. He was acquitted of assault but convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Nethercott was a member of the group Ranch Rescue, which works to protect private property along the southern U.S. border.

The Southern Poverty Law Center brought suit against Nethercott on behalf of the two immigrants.

Nethercott did not respond and a Texas judge ordered him to pay $500,000.

Also named in the suit were Jack Foote, the founder of Ranch Rescue and the owners of the Texas ranch, Joe and Betty Sutton.

The Suttons settled for $100,000. Foote also didn't offer a defense and was ordered to pay $500,000.

Leiva and Mancia were illegal immigrants from El Salvador. They received temporary legal status in the United States as crime victims and are seeking visas to stay longer.

They don't plan to hold on to the ranch, said Kelley Bruner, an attorney for the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Instead the property will be sold, with the proceeds going to the immigrants.

2. Admin

Admin Staff Member Administrator Moderator NES Member

How do you let someone pistol whip you anyways? I mean really.

3. senorFrog

senorFrog

He wasn't EVEN convicted of pistol whipping them! [evil] [!] [evil]

4. Nickle

Nickle

He was acquitted of assault but convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Sorry if I don't feel sorry for him. He knew he shouldn't have had the gun, and should be happy he didn't get a longer sentence.

Assault is wrong, whether the victim is an illegal immigrant or a US citizen. Illegal possession of a firearm is still illegal.

I have little empathy for the victims, but don't want a convicted felon going free, either.

5. senorFrog

senorFrog

He was acquitted of assault [roll]

THE VICTIMS ARE CRIMINALS TOO! [roll]

So if you get convicted of something, I can go take your house??? [shock]

6. JonJ

JonJ Moderator NES Member

All's they should have got was a one way ticket HOME!

Machine gun towers and land mines.

7. K-DUB

K-DUB

Since when can illegal immigrants file a lawsuit?