Maker of gun used in Uvalde school shooting, Daniel Defense, pulls out of NRA event in Houston

Reptile

NES Member

Daniel Defense said in a statement that it is 'not appropriate' timing to promote its products at the NRA event in Texas​

The company that manufactured the rifle used in a school shooting in Texas on Tuesday has canceled its plan to appear at an upcoming National Rifle Association meeting.

"Daniel Defense is not attending the National Rifle Association (‘NRA’) meeting due to the horrifying tragedy in Uvalde, Texas where one of our products was criminally misused," Steve Reed, Vice President of Marketing for Daniel Defense, told Fox News Digital in a statement Thursday. "We believe this week is not the appropriate time to be promoting our products in Texas at the NRA meeting."

It was revealed this week during a press conference from Texas Gov. Greg Abbott that 18-year-old Salvador Ramos used a Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 rifle that retails for just under $2,000 when he opened fire at Robb Elementary School on Tuesday and killed 19 schoolchildren and 2 faculty members.

"We are deeply saddened by the tragic events in Texas this week," Daniel Defense said in a statement at the time. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and community devastated by this evil act. As reported in Governor Abbott’s press conference, it is our understanding that the firearm used in the attack was manufactured by Daniel Defense. We will cooperate with all federal, state, and local law enforcement authorities in their investigations. We will keep the families of the victims and the entire Uvalde community in our thoughts and our prayers."

Continues...

I can't blame them. I could see a bunch of activists trying to make a spectacle of themselves protesting a "weapon of war meant to kill children".
I think this mass shooting will help DD.

Everybody wants what the bad guys have not to mention that everybody is saying that the shooters gun was so great.

Sad, but true.

Much better than a Bushmaster used in Sandy Hook.

Watch for the new AR15 rebranding from the media. “Uvalde style, assault weapon.” Like they did after sandy hook.

I vividly remember at least one unrelated story that referred to an AR as a “Sandy Hook style” rifle.

Wait till they see the lawsuits Coming….

Lawsuit would be in Texas and the most conservative circuit court of appeals is the 5th which includes Texas. I think you’re much more likely to see a lawsuit against the school district

Just change the name. Blackwater sounded bad so change it to Xe. Dumbass name, so let's call it Academi.

Back
Top Bottom