• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Make America Free Again (Unless it rains) AR15 shoot 5/12/18

From FB:

Hi Folks,

I’ve had lots of good questions about the event. I hope I can clear most of them up here.

1) What weapons are acceptable?...
Answer: Any semi-automatic rifle is acceptable. Including AR-15, AR-10, AK’s, SKS, 1022, FAL, HK. etc.

2) Are large capacity pre-ban magazines ok?
Answer: This event is about taking a stand for a class of weapons, we have the right to own and use. A right granted by God and protected by our 2nd Amendment.
We will have news coverage, and I want to stay focused on the weapon and not the magazines for this event.
Please bring detachable magazines of 10 rounds. Feel free to bring many.

3) Can we bring black customized rifles with rails and attachments?
Answer: I encourage those types of weapons! Again, I expect some sort of media coverage. Rails are no more than accessory mounts. They longer, shiny and have sharp edges, with things hanging off. I would like the opportunity to review some of those things regularly mounted on the rails. Lights-illuminate your target and surroundings making for a safer shot. Holographic sights - make for easier safer target acquisition in lighted areas. Red dot / green dot lasers - show the exact point of impact on the target or elsewhere; in well lit and low light conditions. Because this type of sight gives the shooter instant feedback as to the bullets impact, it is probably one of the safest options of all! This is especially true for a less experienced shooter.
Lastly the flip up or offset metal sights. The ultimate redundant failsafe. Should any of the higher technology systems fail, the solid steel sights will always be there for accurate shot placement that is much safer than simply pointing and squeezing the trigger.
All the things that make these weapons look scarier, actually make them safer; especially in the hands of someone who can’t readily practice.

4) Can I bring other shooters or 2nd Amendment supporters?
Answer: yes. All pro-gun advocates are welcome. There will be places to congregate, network, and enjoy the show.
Only licensed shooters will be allowed on the firing line.

5) Are children welcome?
Answer: As much as we believe children are important to the future of firearm ownership; we don’t believe this is the proper venue.

6) What is the exact location?
Answer: the exact location will be provided several days before the shoot. Many people in the group already know the location. Communicating more details outside this group is encouraged. Obviously word will get out to an anti gun crowd. I don’t want to give them time to organize a disruption.
The location is within 10 minutes of Rochester Center.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask questions, share information, and keep an open dialogue.

God Bless the United States of America
1f1fa_1f1f8.png
1f1fa_1f1f8.png
1f1fa_1f1f8.png
1f1fa_1f1f8.png
1f1fa_1f1f8.png

Brad

Hard to think that a decade ago in MA kids were firing full auto Uzis under the medias watchful eye and yet now grown adults doing an event anywhere near this gets labeled as poor communication and bad publicity. Nobody who speaks up against this is a true supporter of the 2nd Amendment. Go read the Constitution if you don't believe me...

Why don’t you just stop being a pussy about it and come enjoy shooting some guns? If you want to trash talk the event, do so on your own forum and not the one I’m trying to use to help get people to come.

It's nice to see your idea of "making america free" is telling people they can't criticize this poorly planned event on a public forum.

Are you going to have any safety rules that people coming will know about ahead of time? For instance, have it as a cold range and the only time loaded magazines are to be put into the rifle is at the firing line. All other time there should be a chamber flag of some kind in the chamber. Just having a police detail there does not make it safe IMO.

Searching FB does not get to the page btw

My suggestions..
Mags out and chamber flags until the line are pretty basic and then same thIng before leaving the line.

I recommend no more than 10 people firing at the same time(for the first shoot, maybe more once everyone knows whats going on) with 2 RSOs and one head RSO calling out directions can keeping the line moving.

A maximiam target range would be about 50' depending on backstop...

Pretty much the way manandock runs theirs.... paying special attention to rank amatuers aswell.(not that being new is bad, but we dont want any screw ups.)

Last edited:
Are you going to have any safety rules that people coming will know about ahead of time? For instance, have it as a cold range and the only time loaded magazines are to be put into the rifle is at the firing line. All other time there should be a chamber flag of some kind in the chamber. Just having a police detail there does not make it safe IMO.

Searching FB does not get to the page btw
I believe he fixed the event. But I will post the address on here when he provides it.

Why don’t you just stop being a pussy about it and come enjoy shooting some guns? If you want to trash talk the event, do so on your own forum and not the one I’m trying to use to help get people to come.
Do I know you?

I know MGnoob and he's far from a pussy.

What is the plan with the media? I don't feel like reading 4 pages of bitterness.

Do I know you?

I know MGnoob and he's far from a pussy.

What is the plan with the media? I don't feel like reading 4 pages of bitterness.

Brad is hoping to get local media there and make a statement as to why the shoot is being held, which is obviously in protest of the ban. I’ve seen more people trash talking this event on here than I thought I would. It’s pretty aggravating to think that we’re all gun owners but we don’t actually really all support each other, which we should especially if we’re gun owners in MA. For me, this isn’t even my event, I just offered to spread the word and make some T-shirt’s. I’d love it if we could get a good showing. I don’t see what makes this shoot any different just because he wants to get some form of media there.

Brad is hoping to get local media there and make a statement as to why the shoot is being held, which is obviously in protest of the ban. I’ve seen more people trash talking this event on here than I thought I would. It’s pretty aggravating to think that we’re all gun owners but we don’t actually really all support each other, which we should especially if we’re gun owners in MA. For me, this isn’t even my event, I just offered to spread the word and make some T-shirt’s. I’d love it if we could get a good showing. I don’t see what makes this shoot any different just because he wants to get some form of media there.
While I agree with the intent 100%, inviting the media is poor judgement in my humble opinion. I've seen good intentions with regards to the media go sideways way too many times.

10 round magazines are being strongly encouraged. Those who don't have them will be set up at the far end of the range area, "out of sight, out of mind."
Please stop it! Are you really going to segregate those with a pre-ban mag from the media (if the media even shows up)? If so, so much for calling it, Make America Free Again. [laugh]

...and as I said in post #43, if the event is held, hiding shooters away in a corner that use pre-ban mags doesn't make much sense, but do what you want.

While I agree with the intent 100%, inviting the media is poor judgement in my humble opinion. I've seen good intentions with regards to the media go sideways way too many times.

This. The event, again, is a great idea and is really badass. Unfortunately, the media (especially in MA) will turn on you very quickly. I’ve seen a reporter ask someone questions before the camera actually came on making the person think they’re going to practice what will be asked on live camera only to be taken by surprise with a completely biased set of questions when the camera came on.

Its hard to fault the negativity of something billed as a media event when just the name alone is less than inspiring.

Lets see....its basically protest Healey so she should be included...the year of the event is always good.. your holding a shoot with "illegal" guns..

"Healey's illegal Assasult Weapons Shoot 2018"
Why is our AG allowing these deplorable to hold a public event with illegal weapons?
Why does she hate children and hurt family's?
When will she put an end to this Lawlessness?

This is how i would present it to the media, let them run their hit piece then seek comment from her as to why she is not enforcing MA AWB(atleast her own interpretation)

The idea that your going to educate anyone through the media is laughable.
Raising awareness of what happened is useless.
This war will be waged with feelings not facts..

The only possible positive outcome would be somone at the event being arrested and fighting it in court...there wont be any arrestes over the healey issue and if there was she would decline to prosecute.

I'll tell you something most already know. Antis and liberals don't bicker over the venue. They don't bicker over the message. They don't bicker over the rules. And they certainly don't bicker about potential media coverage.

Black clad entitled punks, screaming she-males, and pink knitted old bags all come together in harmony when called upon. Without fail.

We got a lot to work on...

I'll tell you something most already know. Antis and liberals don't bicker over the venue. They don't bicker over the message. They don't bicker over the rules. And they certainly don't bicker about potential media coverage.

Black clad entitled punks, screaming she-males, and pink knitted old bags all come together in harmony when called upon. Without fail.

Agreed but that is also what makes our side, "our side". We are smarter and capable of thinking on our own. Its what makes us right, but is also our biggest crutch. Convincing a bunch of individual minded people to come together for a common cause kind of goes against the very thing they believe in. Quite the conundrum but I do agree with you. The shoot could be fun but F*** the media, we don't need em. Should be used for more of a moral booster for us.

The media and establishment is also squarely on the side of pink knitted old bags and other liberty thieves. They can get away with stupid bullshit. We can’t get away with anything even perceived as potentially being in poor taste.

Don’t invite the MA media. They nothing but a bunch of scum sucking liars and propagandists

Well I think it is firmly established the main issue is with pandering to the media. I agree they are snakes that cannot be trusted. And maybe one day we will look back and say “I really wish they never ran that event. That was the day we lost a lot of ground...” But I doubt it.

I would love to go
The media will turn this into a free for all gang rape of anything gunz
I don't want to be a pussy, but my spider senses are tingling.

Count me in... im coming... someone has to be down for our race..white power....
Do you understand my media concern?... thats how they'll portray you.

Count me in... im coming... someone has to be down for our race..white power....
Do you understand my media concern?... thats how they'll portray you.

Hey why don’t you come shoot with me today at Harvard. I’m on my way there now. Yes I know it’s raining. Don’t care. We can discuss this in person since you seem like you have a lot to say especially considering that this isn’t MY event. I’m just the messenger. It honestly feels like you’re trolling me at this point. Here’s the thing with the media. Like I said , we don’t even know if they’re coming for one. Two, if you go off of a script and you stick to the script or say a lawyer is the person who does the interview, how can anything be taken out of context?

SInce this seems to be the latest information:

2) Are large capacity pre-ban magazines ok?
Answer: This event is about taking a stand for a class of weapons, we have the right to own and use. A right granted by God and protected by our 2nd Amendment.
We will have news coverage, and I want to stay focused on the weapon and not the magazines for this event.
Please bring detachable magazines of 10 rounds. Feel free to bring many.

Is there an update to support this:
Apparently that issue is no longer. New format is: Legal to own, Welcome to bring.

Have you all thought about reaching out to just some pro 2a media? NRAtv, guns and gadgets, those sort of channels. Could get the benefit without the worry of the libtard MSM misconstruing the message.

UPDATE 4/26/18: to anyone interested in this event. Brad the gentleman hosting it has now stated that ANY legally owned firearm is welcome along with ANY legally owned mags. I’ll post his update in the photos below.

Further update: 20, 30 round legal preban mags are acceptable, if you’re from NH or Maine then obviously your mags are legal and welcome. The whole point of his shoot is fighting for semi autos in the commonwealth, to show there’s no reason to demonize these particular firearms.

Back
Top Bottom