Makarov - sights and recoil spring?

I don’t recall where abouts you are but if we’re not too far away, it would be fun to meet up some day for a Makarov shoot. I could probably tell you in short order if it’s the sights or if it’s you. ;)
I have a Lee case trimmer but it was definitely more than $6. Currently it’s calibrated to trim .30 carbine but I did do a small batch of 9x19 down to 9x18 a while back and they all fired fine.

I don’t recall where abouts you are but if we’re not too far away, it would be fun to meet up some day for a Makarov shoot. I could probably tell you in short order if it’s the sights or if it’s you. ;)
I have a Lee case trimmer but it was definitely more than $6. Currently it’s calibrated to trim .30 carbine but I did do a small batch of 9x19 down to 9x18 a while back and they all fired fine.
I'm in southern NH, and a member of Pelham and Andover (in MA).
This is the trimmer, I already had the cutter and lock stud for trimming other calibers.
https://www.amazon.com/LEE-PRECISIO...rd_wg=ZWKqu&psc=1&refRID=C311FZCJ5M7CMHV6YC5C
I throw one end in the drill.

I'm in southern NH, and a member of Pelham and Andover (in MA).
This is the trimmer, I already had the cutter and lock stud for trimming other calibers.
https://www.amazon.com/LEE-PRECISIO...rd_wg=ZWKqu&psc=1&refRID=C311FZCJ5M7CMHV6YC5C
I throw one end in the drill.

Oh ok I know I’ve met you at Excruciathlon several times right? I’m on the Cape though.
And yeah I’m all forgetful and stuff... what I have is the Hornady Camlock trimmer. $70something. Works awesome. Not sure why I was thinking Lee. ;)

Oh ok I know I’ve met you at Excruciathlon several times right? I’m on the Cape though.
And yeah I’m all forgetful and stuff... what I have is the Hornady Camlock trimmer. $70something. Works awesome. Not sure why I was thinking Lee. ;)
Not the Excruiathon, although I've been interested before. I've done car shoots at Monadnock before though.
I looked at the Hornady and considered getting it, before I tried my trimmer with the drill instead of by hand, and it made a good amount of difference. Trimming is probably my least favorite part of the process, but my volume is not very high, 10-20 cases here or there isn't too much of a nuisance. .308 seems to be the biggest annoyance.

First fifteen Makarov rounds ran fine today, I seemed to shoot them better than factory.
Definitely on the light side--in hindsight I'm using a 4# heavier spring so maybe I should go more on the stout side.
Kept the brass way closer though, managed to track down 13/15 cases.

The lightness of the rounds surprised me and I had an oh $*** moment when I looked down and saw a 9mm Luger case at my feet on my first shot--I was shocked--but it was a false alarm, my case was about a foot away ;)

I double-checked the cases after that for sanity reasons and they were indeed all 9x18.

Back
Top Bottom