Makarov magazines

Hey. I can't find an answer to my question from any reputable source.

Are makarov single stack magazines interchangeable between 9x18 and .380 calibers. I'm interested in buying a .380 variant but I looked around and no one seems to have them....

I know CZ82 9x18 mags and the CZ83 380ACP are the same. It’s like a Czech Makarov, but I don’t know about actual Makarov magazines, sorry.

Yes, a real Makarov magazine will feed either .380 or 9x18 rounds. "Real" as in Russian, East German, Bulgarian, and Chinese Makarovs. Some folks use the term "Makarov" loosely to include other countries' versions of the original PM but they are not a true Makarov. CZ82, Polish P83 and P64, FEG 9x18 pistols, all share the same caliber but that's where the similarities end.

I have two 9x18 Mak's and one .380 and my pile of magazines runs all three guns 100% (as long as I don't screw up and try putting .380 rounds through 9x18 guns and vise versa)... ;)

Yes, a real Makarov magazine will feed either .380 or 9x18 rounds. "Real" as in Russian, East German, Bulgarian, and Chinese Makarovs. Some folks use the term "Makarov" loosely to include other countries' versions of the original PM but they are not a true Makarov. CZ82, Polish P83 and P64, FEG 9x18 pistols, all share the same caliber but that's where the similarities end.

I have two 9x18 Mak's and one .380 and my pile of magazines runs all three guns 100% (as long as I don't screw up and try putting .380 rounds through 9x18 guns and vise versa)... ;)
Mine's definitely born in Russia and imported by b west (.380). Plenty of 9x18 mags but no .380. glad that they mix. Any recommendations on a grip

Mine's definitely born in Russia and imported by b west (.380). Plenty of 9x18 mags but no .380. glad that they mix. Any recommendations on a grip

I like plain bakelite grips on mine. Original East German grips are good. If you have large hands I would try a Pierce rubber grip. I have a spare one if you want to try it.

A few different types of Makarov top left to bottom right:
Marschall wood
East German brownish Bakelite
East German blackish Bakelite
Bulgarian military
Russian commercial
Bulgarian commercial
Chinese
Pierce rubber

5EE82083-DD18-41DF-8DBA-2DE1A8BE7826.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom