Mak90 barrel needs threading

DosesR1

NES Member
Looking to see if there’s any one local to The north shore than can thread the barrel to 14x1lh before I try my hand at it

Attachments

• D711C8C9-1D39-4EA4-AA98-9407C2A798F7.jpeg
    D711C8C9-1D39-4EA4-AA98-9407C2A798F7.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 56
Noah's Motors in Saugus?
I know they work on milsurp rifles but I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask?

justr make sure your barrel has enough meat to hold the threads. My Mak90 is to thin or it looks like they machined the threads off.
Another NES bought the DIY kit and his barrel was a bit "thick" and could not get the tap die started. I think he eventually slowly removed some barrel metal and got it to work.

just stuck my hand in the safe and measured my barrel it cam in at .500" wich IIRC is to small for the "standard" AK , I think my option was 28x 1/2
I just left it alone at that point.

No cap, the threads were machined off as a requirement for importation.
this is why you need to make sure what size die you get IF your going about it yourself. I get AK brain and start thinking grind to press fit and Epoxy [pot]

this is why you need to make sure what size die you get IF your going about it yourself. I get AK brain and start thinking grind to press fit and Epoxy [pot]

What kind of epoxy would you use? I have a Mak90 and like you said, the barrel is a bit thin from having the threads machined off. Could I get an OEM Chinese muzzle nut and epoxy it on there purely for cosmetics?

What kind of epoxy would you use? I have a Mak90 and like you said, the barrel is a bit thin from having the threads machined off. Could I get an OEM Chinese muzzle nut and epoxy it on there purely for cosmetics?
I don't thank many epoxy's will handle the heat.. I think he was kidding.
But if you're serious.. you might look at JB Weld or other ones that harden into a steel like substance that is made for High heat.

I used the kit from Carolina Shooter Supplies a couple of years ago. The kit comes with everything. You supply a vise and patience. Photo is my MAK90 with Lantac Dragon attached. I had to use two 30cal crush washers to fill the space to appear more aesthetic. Gun runs great with Lantac and other mods i did to it.

Attachments

• 20200413_132113_resized.jpg
    20200413_132113_resized.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom