MAK 90 straight cut folder conversion. Thoughts?

You know, that’s really crazy. It said it was on backorder when I bought mine, too, but I got it in less than a week. Did you go with a left or right side folder? I had no intention of using a side mount for optics so I went with the left side folder, and I’m thinking that just might not be as popular so he had some in stock.

Bonesteel’s folders are made by CNC Warrior, and being a small outfit, it’s not going to make sense for him to do short production runs. Also, given these folders being a niche product, they have to really be smart about how much inventory they carry. I can absolutely tell you it’ll be worth the wait. You’re really going to love it. I honestly think it’s more likely people are jumping the gun on saying that Bonesteel never sent them their stuff. It’d be interesting to see how many just never updated posts saying they never arrived.

I’ve actually been waiting on a backordered item forever myself - an aperture sight for my TWS gen 3 Dogleg top cover rail. I ordered it several months ago, and it looks like I’m not going to be getting it until mid August.
I also got the left side fold. The bonesteelarms website says
We appreciate your patience throughout this trying year. We are still behind, but catching up now.
Your order is important to us and will be filled as quickly as possible, but expect extended lead times.

Its been 4 weeks. Ill be a bit more concerned if it goes past 8.

Did anyone successfully mount that zenitco pt-5 on a mak 90? Their cs didn’t know if it fits. Thanks.

I don't own a MAK-90 but I do own a PT-5. The PT-5 is intended to work with traditional fixed rear trunnions. Show us what your rear trunnion looks like.

According to Mass prudence folding stocks increase the standard 7.62×39 cartridge velocity to 4500 fps and increases effective range to 8 miles. Oh so scary

Back
Top Bottom