• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MAINE

While they don't have to be unlocked they can't be "concealed" on or about your person without the requisite permit.

No locked but unloaded in plain sight is fine while driving. Open carry is NBD.

Maine is one of the safest states for a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

They walk out the door and down the street to the woods carrying their guns over their shoulders and the cops wave as they go by.

Most stop and ask "how'd ya do"? My locals do.

So unloaded in vehicle and concealed/loaded otherwise..in public and hotel room? Thanks...I too am heading there in a month.

Open carry only if loaded without a permit. Vermont is the only constitutional carry state in the northeast
There is an exemption to this in Maine: you may carry a concealed handgun (without a concealed carry permit) while you are legally hunting or trapping.

From the rulebook:
Carrying Concealed Firearms
A permit is required to carry a concealed firearm in Maine, except that licensed hunters and trappers are exempt while engaged in these activities; the latter provision does not authorize the carrying of a concealed or loaded firearm in a motor vehicle. Some town offices or city halls issue these permits to residents. If not, contact Maine State Police. Nonresidents may obtain concealed weapons permits from the Maine State Police: (207) 624-7210.

So if we move to ME (from MA), other than applying for a CC license, no transfer of firearms protocol? Be prudent and carry on?

I believe you are required to notify the frb and your current chief of police when you move out of state. Especially important if you ever might move back or might apply for a nonres ltc

Rep points will be awarded for any photo with you giving the finger to the Mass State House, a "Welcome to Mass" sign, etc..

Back
Top Bottom