• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maine question

So im going to maine in a few weeks for camping an i would like to bring one of my guns along. i know to ccw i have to apply for the non res permit but what if i dont plan on concealing what are the laws?

So im going to maine in a few weeks for camping an i would like to bring one of my guns along. i know to ccw i have to apply for the non res permit but what if i dont plan on concealing what are the laws?

There is no law against open carry. However, no one does it unless they are in the woods and not around people. You can legally do it but it will attract attention and scare the poor people who quiver at the sight of a gun. But for camping you should be all set.

There is no law against open carry. However, no one does it unless they are in the woods and not around people. You can legally do it but it will attract attention and scare the poor people who quiver at the sight of a gun. But for camping you should be all set.

Open carry is perfectly legal, however I would not in Portland. I open carry all the time, I hardly ever conceal. I always have a gun on my hip going about my daily business, wal-mart, restaurant, banking, etc. never got a blink. However, without a permit it is ILLEGAL TO CARRY IN YOUR CAR!!, it must be unloaded.

Open carry is perfectly legal, however I would not in Portland. I open carry all the time, I hardly ever conceal. I always have a gun on my hip going about my daily business, wal-mart, restaurant, banking, etc. never got a blink. However, without a permit it is ILLEGAL TO CARRY IN YOUR CAR!!, it must be unloaded.

Wow. Are you in Northern Maine or Souther Maine? That is good that no one blinks an eye. You've got to love ME. I have never tried open carry at least not on purpose. Once I was in Wallmart and reached up on the top shelf to get something and then walked around for 20 minutes before I realized that my shirt was stuck between my gun and my waist and it was no longer covering my gun. No one seemed to care. Still, I have never seen anyone in public open carrying.

Wow. Are you in Northern Maine or Souther Maine? That is good that no one blinks an eye. You've got to love ME. I have never tried open carry at least not on purpose. Once I was in Wallmart and reached up on the top shelf to get something and then walked around for 20 minutes before I realized that my shirt was stuck between my gun and my waist and it was no longer covering my gun. No one seemed to care. Still, I have never seen anyone in public open carrying.

You must be in York or Cumberland county, I'm from Skowhegan, and have practiced open carry throughout the state, just not south of Freeport

So wait.... i'm 20. I could put a hand gun on my waist (holster) and walk around in the store and i wont be arrested?

if so, can i have mag clipped in but not loaded (shell in chamber). ?

You can have it chambered...just know..LIKE NH..maine considers any handgun in a vehicle concealed..but on foot you are fine....plus..if i understand correctly..you only have to be 18 to get a Maine permit..not 21....

Back
Top Bottom