Maine outfitter

MG2112

NES Member
All

Doing a deer hunt in Maine this November. Can anyone recommend a outfitter? Did some research, have a new I may use. If anyone has
personal experience that would be helpful. thanks.

Pine Grove lodge in pleasant ridge Maine. Bob and Andrea Howe are the best.

Guide or outfitter yes. Location does not really matter. I have not picked out area yet. Will go to where
a good guide or outfitter/lodge is.

Save your $$. Hunt Zone 23 and stay in a motel. Look at the # of doe permits and bonus permits issued for that zone. That tells you something. My three sons and Little Jack all usually tag out there. Some nice bucks too. Unless you only want a big buck, plan early next year and apply for the permits. Good luck. Jack.

Save your $$. Hunt Zone 23 and stay in a motel. Look at the # of doe permits and bonus permits issued for that zone. That tells you something. My three sons and Little Jack all usually tag out there. Some nice bucks too. Unless you only want a big buck, plan early next year and apply for the permits. Good luck. Jack.
If you just want big woods its all good, just realize Northern Maine is 1-5 deer per square mile. If your not tracking in snow, your probably not seeing anything.

Jack is right here. If your looking for deer numbers Zone 23 down all the way down 95 to the South Coast is best harvest numbers.

The two towns with the highest kills are high populated beach towns of York and Wells on the south coast.....right over the line. Likely a lot of bow kills there and there will be little or no guides there.

I’ll just say that after many hundreds of miles hunting partridge up to the Golden Rd and a little north of it I have a lot more deer in the yard. In fact I see more moose than deer between the house and that aforementioned road.
I wish I had a picture of my roofer feeding one in the yard. That was funny.

Back
Top Bottom