Maine non-resident permit

I may have missed it, but I don't see that a home state (or any other state for that matter) carry license/permit is needed for a non-resident app. The app states to include the copies of the ones you have but it doesn't necessarily state that you have to have any to qualify for a non-res permit. Does anyone know for sure?

Last edited:
believe all that is needed was a hand gun safety course within 5 years.

No, a home state carry permit is not needed for Maine to get a NR concealed carry permit.

I believe I read recently this is something some of the libs want to change. They should get rid of the entire permitting process, huge waste of time and money.

I believe I read recently this is something some of the libs want to change. They should get rid of the entire permitting process, huge waste of time and money.

I don't think that it would get much traction in ME at the present time. Even the most native left leaning liberals I've met there are 100% about 2a rights.

Don't libs in Maine get shot????

I have a Maine non-resident, used the cert from a Utah non-resident class, no problem.

There was a big push for this in the last Legislative session. I don't know if it made it out of committee or not, but it didn't get through this time.

Back
Top Bottom