• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maine non resident LTC application

Gatling77

NES Member
I posted this here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ine-permit-how-long-!?highlight=maine+non+res

Just looking to get a opinions from others (Thanks again to LenS for his).
Thanks!
I have a friend who has his MA LTC A and NH non res LTC. He had his MA LTC suspended about 2 years ago due to a domestic dispute and it was eventually given back to him from the LEO that suspended it. Nothing more than an ex-wife being a P.I.T.A.! He now wants to apply for a Maine non res LTC and isn't sure if he should provide this information on the following question from the Maine non res application:

**Please note that this was never brought before a judge**

"LIST OF PREVIOUS REVOCATIONS OR SUSPENSIONS OF FIREARMS PERMITS OR PERMITS TO CARRY CONCEALED FIREARMS OR OTHER CONCEALED WEAPONS BY ANY ISSUING AUTHORITY IN MAINE OR
IN ANY OTHER JURISDICTION. For each revocation, please identify the agency or authority that revoked the permit and the date it was revoked or suspended."

I appreciate your feedback!​

I posted this here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ine-permit-how-long-!?highlight=maine+non+res

Just looking to get a opinions from others (Thanks again to LenS for his).
Thanks!
I have a friend who has his MA LTC A and NH non res LTC. He had his MA LTC suspended about 2 years ago due to a domestic dispute and it was eventually given back to him from the LEO that suspended it. Nothing more than an ex-wife being a P.I.T.A.! He now wants to apply for a Maine non res LTC and isn't sure if he should provide this information on the following question from the Maine non res application:

**Please note that this was never brought before a judge**

"LIST OF PREVIOUS REVOCATIONS OR SUSPENSIONS OF FIREARMS PERMITS OR PERMITS TO CARRY CONCEALED FIREARMS OR OTHER CONCEALED WEAPONS BY ANY ISSUING AUTHORITY IN MAINE OR
IN ANY OTHER JURISDICTION. For each revocation, please identify the agency or authority that revoked the permit and the date it was revoked or suspended."

I appreciate your feedback!​

I would say that you would have to answer yes. They will find out when they do the background check.
If you answer no and they find that you lied you will never get it. I would think that once they see that the same issuing authority that revoked and then re-issued your permit that it would be taken into consideration. It took me 8 week's to get my non resident Maine permit renewed.

Really? IT was revoked/suspended (and later reinstated) and you are wondering if he has to answer yes to a question about whether his license has ever been suspended/revoked? is this a trick question, or are people really lacking reading comprehension skills?!

Just explain the circumstances and they should be understanding. MASS doesn't usually give LTC's back unless you were clear of your "accused" wrongdoing so it shows you didn't do anything wrong so be truthful.

I appreciate the responses. Just to be clear the PO that issued the LTC sent a letter stating to my friend that they were putting it in a suspended status, he was never in trouble in any way with the law. It was because his x-wife was being vindictive. After about a year and half it was released back to him because his x-wife was "OK with it"!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If the license has been suspended at anytime, when asked on a document that carries legal penalties for not being truthful it's probably a good idea to answer "yes"

I applied 2 months ago for my Maine non-res permit, they still haven't cashed my check. I also have a Ma LTC A and a NH non-res, ain't look'n good.

This is a trick, right? No really.

129140177696990243.jpg

My buddy had a domestic dispute, police were called. She told the police she didn't feel safe with him having an LTC (funny thing is that he didn't even own a firearm at the time). So the police suspended based on the x stating not being safe.

This is a trick, right? No really.

129140177696990243.jpg

Nope, not a trick! This really happened.

I think what he means is this is VERY straight forward. The LTC WAS suspended, the LTC application specifically asks if a LTC has EVER been suspended so therefore there is no possible answer other than "YES"

The situation around why the LTC was suspended has zero relevance as to the answer "YES" or "NO" Thats is why they usually provide a space for explanation

I applied 2 months ago for my Maine non-res permit, they still haven't cashed my check. I also have a Ma LTC A and a NH non-res, ain't look'n good.
Why would you think it "ain't look'n good"?

Do you think maybe they are just behind schedule?

Back
Top Bottom