Maine Non-resident CCW Permit question n & o

This may be a stupid question but I get hung up in legal terms all the time. Question n & o on the Maine non resident gun permit state

n.) "Have you ever been adjudicated as having committed a juvenile offense described in question (h) or (i)?"

o.) "Have you ever been adjudicated as having committed a juvenile offense described in question (j)"

Now again forgive my lack of knowledge on this but I understood to adjudicated is to hear and settle a case by a judicial procedure. So in this question are asking if you have ever appeared in court for a juvenile offense, guilty or not, or are they asking if you have ever been strickly adjudicated guilty for said offense?? Just a little confused and don't want to mess up the application, any help would be great

Thanks

This might help :

Adjudication is the act of making a judicial ruling such as a judgment or decree.

adjudication legal definition

The process of hearing and resolving a dispute before a court or administrative agency. It implies a final judgment based on the evidence presented, as opposed to a proceeding where the merits of the case were not considered by the court or administrative agency. See also default judgment.

Last edited:
So im assuming by this they mean a final judgment of guilty? I only ask because as you know in mass you have to put down if you ever appeared in court, even if you were never found guilty. Just wondering if this is the same thing they are asking or if they are specifically looking for only a guilty charge.

So im assuming by this they mean a final judgment of guilty? I only ask because as you know in mass you have to put down if you ever appeared in court, even if you were never found guilty. Just wondering if this is the same thing they are asking or if they are specifically looking for only a guilty charge.

Google it and do some research, that's what I did when I commented earlier. It sound like its asking if you've ever been committed of a juvenile offense, not appeared. You definitely want to fill I out correctly so you don't screw the pooch, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom