Maine Non-Res Permit Address Change (info not question).

Just wanted to post my experience of moving (within MA) and requesting a change of address with the Maine State Police. As far as I can tell there is no clear explanation of the address change process/requirements on their website.

The first time I sent in my request it was sent back because I had listed my name as "Last, First" instead of "First, Last", and also a note stating that if I had moved more than 30 days ago I needed to fill everything out again, but since there is no place to indicate when you moved, why would anyone say they moved more than 30 days ago and put themselves through the ordeal?

Anyway I called their office and was told the following is required for a change of address:
1) The FIRST page only of the general non-resident application (I also wrote when I moved on the page so there was no confusion).
2) New passport style/size photo if it has been over a year since the permit was issued.
3) Check for $2.

I sent everything back and received my new permit within 7 business days. Not bad!

Just to add the phone number, anyone with questions about their Maine permit should call the Maine State Police Special Investigations Unit at (207) 624-7210. They may not be the most flexible folks in the world in terms of dates and deadlines, but they are very responsive.

Back
Top Bottom