• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

maine-mass

I live in mass and have a conceled lic. in maine non resident.I go to maine all the time ccw.
Can I open carry if i want? I know maine is an open carry state.

I live in mass and have a conceled lic. in maine non resident.I go to maine all the time ccw.
Can I open carry if i want? I know maine is an open carry state.

For christ sake, do you really have to ask this question? Think about it for 1 damn second!

For christ sake, do you really have to ask this question? Think about it for 1 damn second!

Nice response!
I see more and more of these types of lame ass responses lately and it has become much worse since I have been a member here.
Now I remember why I no longer frequent any forums for anything.
Maybe a better response would be "Search is your friend" or "just search for your answer it has been covered here before".

Nice response!
I see more and more of these types of lame ass responses lately and it has become much worse since I have been a member here.
Now I remember why I no longer frequent any forums for anything.
Maybe a better response would be "Search is your friend" or "just search for your answer it has been covered here before".

Seriously?

I agree. We should be more welcoming in an effort to build a community as opposed to alienating people. A gentle reminder or suggestion should be the first step.

Perhaps he's commenting on the fact that the op said he "knows oc is legal" and then follows that up by asking if he can do it, in effect, answering his question. Sure the response could have been more pleasant but there is such a thing as a silly question.

Perhaps he's commenting on the fact that the op said he "knows oc is legal" and then follows that up by asking if he can do it, in effect, answering his question. Sure the response could have been more pleasant but there is such a thing as a silly question.

If that's the case, my B. Though I think he's asking as an out of stater.

Nothing wrong with civility though, people can tend to jump ugly.

Last edited:

^^^THIS^^^

Yet, MA people (yeah, I said MA people) still have to ask about such things. Things at a 2nd grader could figure out. Yes, that in and of itself makes people jump ugly.

Sorry I asked!!!!!
I was saying once you have a conceled lic. in maine you can no longer carry opened?

Huh, are you ASKING or are you TELLING that possession of a ME permit means you can't OC?? I'm unsure due to the way you phrased this.

I would suggest reading the ME gun laws (short booklet online) to determine the answer. However, I am unaware of any state that once you get a permit, Restricts you from OC (assuming it was legal w/o a permit).

Back
Top Bottom