• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maine Man Pleads Guilty to Possession of Unregistered Oil Filter.

So the fact he admitted to what he was doing and had made was his it issue it seems never mind hunting/shooting too close to another’s property. However my run is when we pick up some drug dealer or gang member with a stolen firearm on him, 95% of the time he pleas out to avoid the “mandatory” sentence on illegally possessing a firearm. This poor bastard is looking at 10 years and likely a bankrupting fine. I hope but doubt he will have access to the best lawyer. Guess the lesson learned is get an NFA trust in order and do shit right.

Lol, sorry but tbis one is on this moron.

Hypothetically if one were to have one of these devices, there's plenty of land in maine, nh, and vermont where you would go test this stuff out. To maybe see how quiet it is before trying this at home.

I really don't have one, not for any crusade or something like that. Just haven't been drunk on that Amazon page.

But if I did. You bet your ass I'd be way the f out in the woods when i tried it out

Dude may be an idiot, but that doesn't mean the NFA isn't idiotic and should be repealed.

Please re read you own post and make corrections.

The 1934 NFA SHOULD be repealed.......that is not what your statement above conveys.

Its like the old " I could care less" statement, when people mean " they couldn't care less".

WORDS HAVE MEANINGS. SENTENCE STRUCTURE IS IMPORTANT.

I have a few potatoes in the fridge, what should I do?

Bleep that. I'm never more than 30' from an empty water bottle or a pillow when I'm at home. I'm going to read that "What to do for a Red Flag. . . " thread and prepare myself for the SWAT team.

Dude may be an idiot, but that doesn't mean the NFA isn't idiotic and should be repealed.

Well, yeah. :)

Please re read you own post and make corrections.

The 1934 NFA SHOULD be repealed.......that is not what your statement above conveys.

Its like the old " I could care less" statement, when people mean " they couldn't care less".

WORDS HAVE MEANINGS. SENTENCE STRUCTURE IS IMPORTANT.

You're not wrong... but it's not like anyone was confused by his statement.

You're not wrong... but it's not like anyone was confused by his statement.

You should have stopped at " you're not wrong" and saved yourself.

What you are saying is that a majority of people who read his post are idiots with no understanding of written english language.

Well it's clearly not a functioning suppressor so if he had a good lawyer, he should be able to avoid the charges. [rofl2]
That's an excellent point. "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit." It's a stretch but considering the charges I'd try almost anything to wiggle my way out.

You should have stopped at " you're not wrong" and saved yourself.

What you are saying is that a majority of people who read his post are idiots with no understanding of written english language.

Well, half right.

I don't think you need to be an idiot to understand what he meant. I mean.. you understood it, as did I.

Nobody ever actually thinks, "I could care less" means, "I actually care about this."

You're absolutely right that his post was grammatically incorrect (or rather, didn't mean what he meant it to mean), but surely nobody thought he was advocating the continuation of NFA34.

If you're going to get grammar-Nazi on something like that, you should be extra careful to be correct yourself. For instance: spell "English" with a capital "E", otherwise it means to change the direction of something with body motion, like in billiards.

Doesn't/isn't is a double-negative, no? Hence NFA IS idiotic. That's how I read it and I'm not anti-sticking to my story.

Stick to your story all you want, you are incorrect.

Every post I read of yours reinforces my belief that you are completely ignorant of the basic principles of the written english language.

I wonder if the guy had one of those muzzle thread adapters or if he just Bubba'd the filter into place. Doesn't really sounds like it will matter, he sounds well and truly screwed.

so why aren't there any prosecutions against car dealerships for selling vehicles with "suppressors" attached to the oil reservoir? i mean you wanna go full retard then let's go full retard here. intent schmintent. that way you can get every effing legiscritter charged with possession of a suppressor whether they're driving themselves or in the back of a taxpayer funded limo ride.

He, like a great percent of the population was probably not aware of the NFA regs. Being in Maine, he could have registered it on a Form1. Or maybe he did know and didn't want to pony up the $200. Altho he broke the laws, the penalties for doing this sort of thing are just too damn stiff. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom