Maine LD 658 An Act To Modify the Requirement of a Permit To Carry a Concealed Weapon

LISBON — Proposals by Republican state legislators to relax Maine’s gun control laws set the stage for a new political standoff at the State House.

http://www.timesrecord.com/articles/2011/02/23/news/doc4d65406949ea5636854288.txt

Crafts pointed to a provision in his bill that would allow permit holders to take concealed weapons into more locations, noting, “I’m trying to encourage people to get a concealed weapons permit because I believe an armed society is a safer society.

Winner![party]

“I don’t even have enough words to tell you how upset this makes me,” Craven said Tuesday of LD 658. “I think the purpose of carrying a weapon is to intimidate others and (the bill would) make (guns) very, very available to young people — to children — who are just playing with them, who don’t even know the danger of them. In the wake of all that has happened in this country in the last four or five years, and indeed in the last few weeks in Arizona, I don’t know what the big push is to make sure people have weapons, and access to weapons.”
Loser! [bs2]

“I don’t even have enough words to tell you how upset this makes me,” Craven said Tuesday of LD 658. “I think the purpose of carrying a weapon is to intimidate others and (the bill would) make (guns) very, very available to young people — to children — who are just playing with them, who don’t even know the danger of them. In the wake of all that has happened in this country in the last four or five years, and indeed in the last few weeks in Arizona, I don’t know what the big push is to make sure people have weapons, and access to weapons.”
So teach Firearms safety in schools if you are so concerned

The wording in the article is a little confusing, but I get the impression that you have the choice between constitutional carry with a list of prohibited places or getting a permit and being able to carry just about anywhere. Did anyone else reach that conclusion?

Back
Top Bottom