Maine House Rejects "Stand Your Ground" Bill

Maine is turning more communist with every election cycle and with every ma**h*** and new yawwker that moves in.

Because nobody wants to infringe on a criminal's rights to harm the innocent![rofl]
Rape, assault, murder and armed robbery..Coming to a town near you!
Sponsored by the plant eating, highly edumicated, helpless, useless, tree hugging, air wasting, sjw's, and libtards.

How can anyone say self defense within the home isn't OK?

Heller should have put this to rest.

Once again some folks don't know how to read or care to read, Or further understand that self defense in the "HOME" and "Stand your Ground" are two different things.

Once again some folks don't know how to read or care to read, Or further understand that self defense in the "HOME" and "Stand your Ground" are two different things.
And that’s exactly why these common sense laws don’t get passed.

A load of billy bobs will take it as a green light to shoot Someone over some trivial crap like getting lectured to slow down in the parking lot.

A load of billy bobs will take it as a green light to shoot Someone over some trivial crap like getting lectured to slow down in the parking lot.
Jesus dude, you sound like a Facebook mom talking like that.

Are you serious?
"No one should be allowed to carry concealed. People will be shooting each other in elevators and parking lots over nothing!!1!"

Am I missing something here?

Are you serious?
"No one should be allowed to carry concealed. People will be shooting each other in elevators and parking lots over nothing!!1!"

Am I missing something here?
Ya, carrying is not the same as thinking it’s dodge city ,and you can claim stand your ground law,
Any time someone rubs you the wrong way, NOT in defense of your life .

Thats not what SYG means either. Theres no duty to retreat. There still needs to be a valid reason to use deadly force. You still have to show reasonable fear of imminent death or grave bodily injury. The guy in FL was questionable, but iirc even Branca agreed it was a good shoot. Guy was assaulted, on the ground with the other guy coming towards him. Big difference between that and "he looked at me funny" or whatever.

Thats not what SYG means either. Theres no duty to retreat. There still needs to be a valid reason to use deadly force. You still have to show reasonable fear of imminent death or grave bodily injury. The guy in FL was questionable, but iirc even Branca agreed it was a good shoot. Guy was assaulted, on the ground with the other guy coming towards him. Big difference between that and "he looked at me funny" or whatever.
I’m done here, you see my point. But You win.

Answer me this, What gives ANY individual regardless of their political office or usurped "Authority" the right to dictate to ME or YOU how, when or where you can or cannot defend your rights?

This one will be back again. Once we turn the House around it'll pass.

How exactly do you see that happening. Heck we have offices relocating people from San Fransisco and Peaseton CA to, Portland and now Bangor.

CA, NJ, MA and NY with a healthy helping of people who left NH because it was too rural for them.

The measure would have removed the requirement in state law that a person first try to retreat to safety before using deadly force in a confrontation outside of a person’s home.

You either have a disparity of force situation or you don't. Remember, ability, opportunity, jeopardy. If you can retreat safely #2 isn't satisfied. There is no way to safely retreat in your home. There is no way to safely retreat when someone has a knife in your face.

It's not a 'common sense' law if it further muddies the waters. You can't introduce legislation pertaining to a natural right and call it common sense. That's Orwellian.

How exactly do you see that happening. Heck we have offices relocating people from San Fransisco and Peaseton CA to, Portland and now Bangor.

CA, NJ, MA and NY with a healthy helping of people who left NH because it was too rural for them.
Because the Libs can't help themselves: they take things too far. There's going to be a backlash in the next election cycle. I'm not saying we'll take back both houses, but they will lose some ground.
Outside of the Greater Portland echo chamber, they're is a lot of grumbling over what they're doing down in Augusta.

I'm confused. You insinuate it will become the wild west, but then you post an article where the person over stepping is charged with manslaughter. If your point had merit, the guy in that article would not.have been charged. This story proves the opposite of what you are claiming.
You think the handicap spot guardian of the universe would have the balls to confront that guy if he didn’t have his piece on him? Ponder that.

You think the handicap spot guardian of the universe would have the balls to confront that guy if he didn’t have his piece on him? Ponder that.

What I'm saying is, do you really think that specific person you chose as an example was driving around every day with his gun thinking "yeah, I've got a stand my ground law behind me so I'll shoot anyone I want"? Or do you think it's more likely this guy has a few lose screws, would have shot someone anyway, and then some lawyer came behind him attempting a SYG defense?

I'm betting my paycheck on the latter. If you'll shoot someone over a parking spot, you'll likely eventually shoot someone regardless of what laws say because you're a POS.

The law had nothing to do with the incident, though. The guy still got prosecuted!

Restricting the rights of everyone else because of what a handful of retards do in Florida (or wherever) is the definition of tyranny. Same logic the piece of shit antis use.

-Mike

What I'm saying is, do you really think that specific person you chose as an example was driving around every day with his gun thinking "yeah, I've got a stand my ground law behind me so I'll shoot anyone I want"? Or do you think it's more likely this guy has a few lose screws, would have shot someone anyway, and then some lawyer came behind him attempting a SYG defense?

I'm betting my paycheck on the latter. If you'll shoot someone over a parking spot, you'll likely eventually shoot someone regardless of what laws say because you're a POS.

I'm also betting these incidents happened in FL long before "SYG" came along there, that's how f***ed that state is. The media just talks about it now because they make ham fisted attempts at correlating it to the laws.

-Mike

Last edited:
I'm also betting these incidents happened in FL long before "SYG" came along there, that's how f***ed that state is. The media just talks about it now because they make ham fisted attempts at correlating it to the
laws.

-Mike

Oh of course they did. Florida Man is a f***ing abomination.

why-cant-you-be-normal-us-florida.jpg

Back
Top Bottom