• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maine House Rejects "Stand Your Ground" Bill

here’s where I stand on stand your ground laws.

They should be made abundantly clear that it’s not a license to confront anyone ,provoke them to punch you in the face,
Then it’s ok to shoot them ,cause you have new 9mil muscles.

Also, if you have to defend your life, your pistol shouldn’t be taken or you lose any rights or freedom ,
Until and unless a court determines it was not a good shoot.

But in the real world ,the message gets muddled.

If I understand the stand your ground law correctly it not only protects you from any civil lawsuits if it is determined that deadly force was necessary, it also prevents you from having to pay any legal fees associated with it.
Without the stand your ground law, you will end up paying upwards of 6 figures defending yourself.

here’s where I stand on stand your ground laws.

They should be made abundantly clear that it’s not a license to confront anyone ,provoke them to punch you in the face,
Then it’s ok to shoot them ,cause you have new 9mil muscles.

Also, if you have to defend your life, your pistol shouldn’t be taken or you lose any rights or freedom ,
Until and unless a court determines it was not a good shoot.

But in the real world ,the message gets muddled.

No, in the real world the libs (and apparently others) don't understand what SYG laws are, so they try to turn the phrase evil like "assault weapons." Please read the following, by one of the leading experts on the subject:

https://legalinsurrection.com/?s=Michael+Drejka&image.x=0&image.y=0

Back
Top Bottom