• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maine Gun Shows?

ETA: 4/25

Saturday is not looking so okay now, but I think I'll still do the Maine hattrick - Biddeford Gun show -> Cabela's in Scarborough -> KTP on the way home.[thinking]

Last edited:
I found the Biddeford show to be enjoyable and worthwhile. The parking lot was 98% full by the time I got there (about 10am or so), so they had a good crowd. There was a very wide range of new Glocks and assorted other handguns for sale by Maine brick-and-mortar dealers. One dealer even had a new Ruger LCRx revolver, which is just now becoming available in stores. S&W Shields and Springfield XDs pistols were available. One table featured a ton of new guns and ammo books. I even saw a full case of 5.7x28 ammo for sale, which was of course surprising. IMO, this annual gun show is worth a trip if you live reasonably nearby. The show in Augusta has been enjoyable, too, in past years.

Cabela's in Scarborough was also worth a visit while I was down that way. They had a fairly good selection of handgun ammo, including several name brands in the common calibers. Their new handgun selection was good, too. In their Gun Library they have a matched pair of pistols that blew my mind. It's a Colt Python and a Colt 1911 boxed set that were custom made by the factory as a special edition. Unfortunately, this beautiful matched and engraved set is listed at almost $10,000!

Here's a link to this pair of Colts:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Gun-Library/Colts|/pc/103792680/c/103582080/Colt-Double-Diamond-Python-357-and-Officers-ACP/1750860.uts

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom