Maine Gun Shops Near Freeport ???

K98

How are the ammo prices in Maine these days? May visit the Freeport area soon. Any decent shops to visit?

I suggest you visit LL Bean. Their gun selection is lacking but it is a nice place.

I thought there was shop near Freeport but I haven't been to Freeport in a few years now that my grandmother moved out of her house there.

And since you will be driving past, I also suggest you hit up Kittery Trading Post. The ammo prices are not that great. Cabelas in Scarborough is also on the way to Freeport.

LL Bean now has a separate building for sporting goods, including hunting. They have very high end firearms. There used to be a small shop in the area, but last time I was up there, which was in 2013, someone told me they were closed.

- - - Updated - - -

I notice that list still has Bushmaster listed. Before I went to any of those shops, I'd call and make sure that they are still in business.

Ammo selection at Kittery stinks IMO. Cabela's at exit 42 on 95 has a great selection and occasionally it has good prices but it's hit and miss. Lately they've had a large selection of 9mm.

LL Bean now has a separate building for sporting goods, including hunting. They have very high end firearms. There used to be a small shop in the area, but last time I was up there, which was in 2013, someone told me they were closed.

- - - Updated - - -

I notice that list still has Bushmaster listed. Before I went to any of those shops, I'd call and make sure that they are still in business.

Sporting goods, including firearms, are in the main building. They moved out of that separate building 3-4 years ago.

Near Freeport is C&R Trading Post just up Rt. 1 over the Brunswick town line and Howell's is over in Gray (20 min. away).
No smokin' deals on ammo.

Back
Top Bottom