• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maine gun bill would allow concealed weapons without permit

Last edited:
7/06/15
In Maine, Gov. Paul LePage (R) earlier voiced support for a proposal that passed the state legislature by large margins, but has since vowed not to sign any bills under protest of the lawmakers’ refusal to act on eliminating the state’s income tax.
http://www.guns.com/2015/07/06/2-states-to-see-final-push-for-constitutional-carry-this-week/

"LePage has 10 days to either sign or veto the Maine bill, or it will become law without his signature."

I doubt he'll veto.

Right?

"LePage has 10 days to either sign or veto the Maine bill, or it will become law without his signature."

I doubt he'll veto.

Right?
Good point. It still is quite annoying though.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I like him but his strategy here is poor. If he won't sign any bill the legislature is still going to get there way since they passed the bills and after 10 days they become law. There is not much he can do to threaten them. The system works this way.

I like LePage because he pisses off many of the freeloaders and those who support those freeloading policies.

I don't understand the some of your issues. If he doesn't veto it, it automatically passes. He saves face because he told the Demo's he wasn't signing anything yet at the same time he supports this and it passes. No downside from my seat guys.

7/06/15
In Maine, Gov. Paul LePage (R) earlier voiced support for a proposal that passed the state legislature by large margins, but has since vowed not to sign any bills under protest of the lawmakers’ refusal to act on eliminating the state’s income tax.
http://www.guns.com/2015/07/06/2-states-to-see-final-push-for-constitutional-carry-this-week/

WTF is wrong with him?

I'm beginning to think he's certifiably insane, and possibly schizophrenic.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. W the actual F.

Chill out guys.

“The conceal and carry bill, are you going to sign it?” CBS 13 Reporter Brad Rogers asked.

“Sure. I can't let the Democrats kill it.” Governor LePage responded.

Governor LePage had promised to veto every bill sent to him in protest of the legislature's refusal to put a constitutional amendment before voters to eliminate the state income tax.

http://www.wgme.com/news/features/t...itutional-carry-bill-28076.shtml#.VZUWIijD9SC

My first comment was informative. Second comment was tongue-in-cheek. I have a ME permit, so I'm not worried about it.

I like LePage because he pisses off many of the freeloaders and those who support those freeloading policies.

I don't understand the some of your issues. If he doesn't veto it, it automatically passes. He saves face because he told the Demo's he wasn't signing anything yet at the same time he supports this and it passes. No downside from my seat guys.

Forget standing with Rand, Big Paul 2016.

2PM today the bill will be signed.

That will put Maine among a handful of states where people can carry concealed handguns without a permit when the law goes into effect 90 days after lawmakers adjourn later this month.

LePage's spokesman said the governor will sign the bill at 2 p.m. Wednesday but that members of the media aren't allowed at the signing. He didn't respond when asked why the media is barred from the event.

http://www.fosters.com/article/20150708/NEWS/150709425/14372

Awesome on Maine.. I'm jealous.

So I just have to notify the Leo if I'm carrying or is there anything else?

Awesome on Maine.. I'm jealous.

So I just have to notify the Leo if I'm carrying or is there anything else?

NH will also likely have reciprocity with Maine so if you have your NH "permit" you will not need to immediately notify police since you would be carrying under a permit/license.

A lot of thanks goes to Senator Brakey for introducing the Bill and ramming it through.
Also to the group "Gun Owners of Maine" or "GoMaine", who filled committee hearings, worked the telephones, etc..

A lot of thanks goes to Senator Brakey for introducing the Bill and ramming it through.
Also to the group "Gun Owners of Maine" or "GoMaine", who filled committee hearings, worked the telephones, etc..

Don't you want to thank Bloomberg and the moms too? They seems to have the reverse midas touch. Every time they campaign for something or someone, they seem to drive people away from their position.

Don't you want to thank Bloomberg and the moms too? They seems to have the reverse midas touch. Every time they campaign for something or someone, they seem to drive people away from their position.
Can we get them to NH then? We can't seem to get concealed carry through.

Actually, I heard on NRA Radio, Cam and Company that Hassan met with Bloomberg in the week prior to vetoing the NH Bill

I wonder how much in campaign contributions ole Maggs will receive from Bloomturd next go around.

So, any indication whether LaPage is going to sign this thing (if so when?) or if he is just going to let it sit and become law?

I have no plans to visit Maine anytime soon, but that may change if this passes [party]. Would rather support ME business than the ones here in Crap-a-chu-setts.

Back
Top Bottom