• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maine: Convicted Felon Trafficked in Handguns From Georgia

Richard Philippe, 42, was convicted following a four-day jury trial of transporting firearms into Massachusetts from Georgia without a license and being a felon in possession of ammunition. U.S. District Court Chief Judge F. Dennis Saylor IV scheduled sentencing for April 4, 2022. Philippe was indicted in September 2019. Between April and June 2019, Philippe purchased dozens of handguns from an unlicensed straw purchaser in Georgia. Philippe returned with the guns to a warehouse in Taunton where he sold them for cash. Philippe, who had a prior felony firearms conviction in Rhode Island, had neither the lawful ability to possess firearms or ammunition nor a federal license to deal in firearms. The investigation arose following a July 2019 undercover purchase of firearms from a long-time Brockton drug dealer, who had purchased more than a dozen firearms from Philippe and had been selling them into criminal commerce on the South Shore. The undercover operation triggered a search of Philippe’s warehouse in Taunton, which revealed Philippe’s firearm trafficking. The weapons were traced back to multiple purchases by Philippe’s associate from a pawn shop in Georgia, which specialized in selling low-cost handguns.

Yep. The headline says Maine, but the crimes took place between Georgia and Mass. He was tried and convicted in the federal Eastern MA District Court. RI and NC State Police agencies were credited with helping. Didn't see a word about Maine at the linked article.

Ignert's gonna ignert.

MA, ME, MN, MI, IA, AL, AK, AR, etc., There are a lot of semi-confusing 2-character state codes. But it's been law-of-the-land for. . . . . . . 40? 50? years. Not having a single clue is not something they should be proud of. But I'm sure called out on it they'd say, "Well, it's one of you F'ers in N/E. So FU."

Ignert's gonna ignert.

MA, ME, MN, MI, IA, AL, AK, AR, etc., There are a lot of semi-confusing 2-character state codes. But it's been law-of-the-land for. . . . . . . 40? 50? years. Not having a single clue is not something they should be proud of. But I'm sure called out on it they'd say, "Well, it's one of you F'ers in N/E. So FU."
Maybe the trial took place in Messachusetts.

Back
Top Bottom