Maine CCW permit for out of state resident

I own property in Maine but I have a couple of questions as a "non-resident".

1) Does anyone know where I can get a copy of "LAWS RELATING TO PERMITS TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUNS (2005 edition)" (CAPS are printed in the permit application).

2) On Page 10 there is a "Witness Signature" line. Is this someone I attest knows I am Not a psychopath or is this someone at the ME State Police who witnesses than my records are than I am NOT a psychopath? This is rather vague. This is what is says, in bold:

I understand that the information requested is protected by law and cannot be released without my written permission, unless otherwise specifically permitted by law. I understand that I have the right to review information and material prior to its release. I understand I have the right to revoke this authorization in writing at any time by contacting the issuing authority identified above. I understand that my refusal to sign this release

will cause my application for a concealed Handgun permit to be rejected. I understand that if the issuing authority receives an affirmative response to its inquiry, I may be asked to authorize the release of additional information to determine my eligibility for a concealed Handgun permit. Information disclosed to the issuing authority pursuant to this release is confidential pursuant to 25 MRSA § 2006.

Your help is most appreciated!

Thanks guys! I figured but the law being what it is, it's pretty vague. Any ideas on the pamphlet on the Laws... (2005 edition)?

Back
Top Bottom