Maine Bound Gun Law Help

Not the land of the free but the home of the brave
Well it finally happened I'm actually closing on a place in Maine very soon. What is the latest I need to know about bringing my stuff up there? I will be between this state and Maine for a while. Any concerns about going through New Hampshire? Constitutional carry, how about open carry? Anything else I need to know?

1. You do not need a carry permit to carry in Maine except for state parks, like Baxter State Park, and then you'll need a Maine carry permit.
2. If you get a New Hampshire carry permit, you can open or concealed carry almost everywhere except for courthouses and the like. Use common sense.
3. If you do not get a New Hampshire carry permit, you can open carry outside of your vehicle. You cannot practically concealed carry without a permit.
4. If you do not get a Maine carry permit, you do have to report being armed if you are stopped by the cops. You do not have to do this if you have a permit.
5. If you go to Vermont, there are no permits. Continue open/concealed carrying at your will and use common sense.

First forget all about Mas$hole laws when it comes to having firearms in the northern three New England States, There is no permission slip to have, to own, buy or possess firearms or ammunition or components in those states. No New Hampshire does require a license to carry a pistol or revolver concealed or loaded in a moror vehicle.
Maine is constitution carry, must notify the cops if you stopped. Contrary to what some one posted earlier Baxter State Park does not allow firearms at all, Arcadia requires a State of Maine permit.

We're both wrong. Firearms in BSP are permitted to be transported, but not to be used.

http://www.baxterstateparkauthority.com/rules/

Hunting and trapping are prohibited within the Park. Use or possession of any firearm, bow and arrow, sling shot, or air rifle or pistol is prohibited. Firearms may be transported through the Park if kept in a car trunk, enclosed in a case or otherwise inaccessible to use.

I will be keeping the dual citizenship for a while. What will it take to get a Maine CC permit with that in mind? Also I want to buy some stuff I can't buy here.

My concern for NH was going through there with my stuff, or if I'm out and about and go into NH what do I need to do to stay out of trouble?
If I understand you correctly I can carry in my vehicle all the way to Maine with no issues?

I will be keeping the dual citizenship for a while. What will it take to get a Maine CC permit with that in mind? Also I want to buy some stuff I can't buy here.

My concern for NH was going through there with my stuff, or if I'm out and about and go into NH what do I need to do to stay out of trouble?
If I understand you correctly I can carry in my vehicle all the way to Maine with no issues?
Only with an NH permit. NH only allows open carry OUTSIDE OF VEHICLES without a permit. Concealed carry and vehicle carry without a license are BOTH illegal.

In NH unloaded in the car. Open carry outside w/o permit. In ME constitutional carry w/ a couple exceptions. There are many links to state laws here. The search thing is key....

2. If you get a New Hampshire carry permit, you can open or concealed carry almost everywhere except for courthouses and the like. Use common sense.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's legal to carry in courthouses in NH. I cannot quote a specific law pertaining to it, but I've seen plenty of videos featuring armed civilians in NH courthouses and state level government buildings.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's legal to carry in courthouses in NH. I cannot quote a specific law pertaining to it, but I've seen plenty of videos featuring armed civilians in NH courthouses and state level government buildings.

Are you sure they were courthouses?

[FONT=&quot]Section 159:19
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] 159:19 Courthouse Security. –
I. No person shall knowingly carry a loaded or unloaded pistol, revolver, or firearm or any other deadly weapon as defined in RSA 625:11, V, whether open or concealed or whether licensed or unlicensed, upon the person or within any of the person's possessions owned or within the person's control in a courtroom or area used by a court. Whoever violates the provisions of this paragraph shall be guilty of a class B felony.
II. Firearms may be secured at the entrance to a courthouse by courthouse security personnel.
III. For purposes of paragraph I, "area used by a court'' means:
(a) In a building dedicated exclusively to court use, the entire building exclusive of the area between the entrance and the courthouse security.
(b) In any other building which includes a court facility, courtrooms, jury assembly rooms, deliberation rooms, conference and interview rooms, the judge's chambers, other court staff facilities, holding facilities, and corridors, stairways, waiting areas, and elevators directly connecting these rooms and facilities.
IV. The provisions of this section shall not apply to marshals, sheriffs, deputy sheriffs, police or other duly appointed or elected law enforcement officers, bailiffs and court security officers, or persons with prior authorization of the court for the purpose of introducing weapons into evidence and as otherwise provided for in RSA 159:5.
V. It shall be an affirmative defense to any prosecution under paragraph I that there was no notice of the provisions of paragraph I posted in a conspicuous place at each public entrance to the court building.
Source. 1985, 258:2. 2000, 175:1, eff. Jan. 1, 2001.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xii/159/159-mrg.htm

Welcome to freedom. Don't worry about carrying a gun, everyone does. Act like you've done so before and you'll be fine. It's like chewing bubble gum, who give a F?

Well it finally happened I'm actually closing on a place in Maine very soon. What is the latest I need to know about bringing my stuff up there? I will be between this state and Maine for a while. Any concerns about going through New Hampshire? Constitutional carry, how about open carry? Anything else I need to know?

akma, what part of Maine, I am actually closing on Monday in the Naples area.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom