• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mailed CMP paperwork 1/11

Tommy Gun

NES Life Member
NES Member
I'm ordering 1 Springfield Service Grade M1 and mailed the paperwork yesterday. I'm hoping for a nice one. Not the first time ordering but it's been awhile.

Mailed - 1/11/11
don't bother us e-mail - 1/26/2011
Charged - ?
Shipped - ?

Last edited:
595.00 for the rifle and 22.95 for shipping.

You never know how long it may take, 10 years ago it was 3 months but 3 years ago when things dried up they called and asked if I wanted a Danish Field grade instead of a service grade and that wait was over 4 months and that M1 was falling apart.

I have also had them at my door less than 3 weeks from mailing the forms but that was due to having the forms in place from previous orders.

I even had one mailed through the Post Office when the usually use fedex.

Yes on the e-store account. I was just reading that they are between 14,000-20,000 e-store orders behind! Rifles are different but still backed up. It looks like those bayonets are keeping them busy.

Love my CMP Garand - I am sure you will be happy.
It took around 450 days or so when I did it, but this was about 4 years ago.

1st one was 7 months 2nd one was 31 days, check out the CMP forums I caught a post that said they where just getting to dec 20th orders that was saturday. I think they are backed up a bit. Between some bad weather and a rush of orders. At any rate its worth the wait.

Maybe I just have had good luck but I have never waited months for anything from the CMP. I won't mention ammo due to forum rules.

As to a feild grade falling apart. That sounds strange. All and I mean all of the CMP rifles are inspected and approved by the gunsmiths at CMP. I have purchased rack grade rifles from CMP for parts and they were in such good shape I used them as shooters.
If you really want to pick a nice rifle make a road trip out of it and drive to one of their stores. It is WELL worth the trip.

Last edited:
The North store is in Ohio and is about 730 miles from Andover. The South store is in Alabama and is about 1200 miles away. I am planning on visiting friends this spring and I'm working on the wife now to hit one of the stores. We are planning on Tennessee so the South store would only be an extra couple of hours drive.

When orders are placed with CMP for M1s how long before you got an email notification? Was it when they shipped it or when the received the order?
Thanks.

When they open the order and input the info into the system you get a don't bother us e-mail unless you forget something like me.
I e-mailed them about the notary and was told my copy had expired.

When orders are placed with CMP for M1s how long before you got an email notification? Was it when they shipped it or when the received the order?
Thanks.

When they open the order and input the info into the system you get a don't bother us e-mail unless you forget something like me.
I e-mailed them about the notary and was told my copy had expired.

Mailed 1/7
order rcd 1/12
email acknowledgement 1/24

I had to send an updated notary form 2A separate from the first mailing so I will see how that effects things.

We have received and verified your recent order. Your order will now advance to our sales area and from there to our shipping area. Please note, that unless otherwise listed, our order to ship time is at least 30-60 days. You will receive other emails as the order progresses.

Your customer # is 0---0. Please use this customer # in any communications with us concerning the order as that is where all of your information is stored.

Thank you for your order and support of our program.

I've always been really lucky with timing on my orders from CMP. I usually have received whatever I have ordered (Garands, Carbines, Bayos, other) in two to three weeks. Also, if you ever have to go to Atlanta for business/pleasure you can drive over to Anniston, AL in less than two hours driving West. It is a lot of fun and well worth it. They will even send everything you buy there to your home by FedEx. It's a lot cheaper than paying Alabama sales tax

After I received the e-mail I went to the e-store and went shopping. I had to wait for the updated club card to be submitted.

The Flag was raised on Mt Suribachi 66 years ago today and this morning I received a very nice Springfield Armory Service Grade. Very nice all black park, 1/2 DAS on the stock, 11/54 barrel that looks new. Bolt, trigger group and gas plug are incorrect but I don't care, this rifle is Nice.
5,440,68X made around 11/54.

DSC02124.jpg

DSC02129.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom