MAIG and Moms Demand Action to merge.

Why not. MAIG lost quite a few mayors. Maybe the mom's won't be a choosey.

Well, Bloomberg has been funding them for a year. At least now it's above board. I'm a member of mda-I honestly think they have more pro 2a people than actual supporters. Their emails amuse me to no end. I want to reply, but that would blow my cover :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

And, for the record-I'm on their list so I can see what's going on-not because I buy into their message. Keep your enemies close!

Moms will soon join mayors in a push to limit access to illegal firearms
huh?

The group lobbied last spring for the U.S. Senate to pass the Manchin-Toomey amendment. Proposed by Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W. Va.) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.), it would have required background checks on all commercial gun sales.
are they publishing mis-info purposely?

either way bottomless bank account Bloomberg will keep the groups from tanking. Grass roots my ass

Well, Bloomberg has been funding them for a year. At least now it's above board. I'm a member of mda-I honestly think they have more pro 2a people than actual supporters. Their emails amuse me to no end. I want to reply, but that would blow my cover :)

post them here!

They probably think the mom's are better front people than the little midget nazi bloomberg. Good luck with that, adding some height and boobs doesn't make those frigid statists any more appealing than the midget.

If you say anything negative or ask a pointed question they don't like, question their rational, etc. they'll remove the comment, ban you, etc. They are full on liberals, you are NOT allow to speak or dissent. If you step out of line, banned!

If you say anything negative or ask a pointed question they don't like, question their rational, etc. they'll remove the comment, ban you, etc. They are full on liberals, you are NOT allow to speak or dissent. If you step out of line, banned!

This is very true. Funny thing is, I am banned from posting comments, yet I, and about 30 other friends, are still counted as the "125, 000 and growing" members. They ban you from posting, but don't remove you from their page.

huh?

are they publishing mis-info purposely?

either way bottomless bank account Bloomberg will keep the groups from tanking. Grass roots my ass

I don't think they do it purposely. I've trolled them on twitter, the members, not the group or the top people like Watts. They are f'ing morons. With internet sales, they honestly think you can go on a website like amazon and buy guns and have them sent via mail or fed ex to your house.

I am actually beginning to be frightened by just how stupid and illogical people are in this world. When reason and facts are pushed aside the only thing left is sheer madness.

They probably think the mom's are better front people than the little midget nazi bloomberg. Good luck with that, adding some height and boobs doesn't make those frigid statists any more appealing than the midget.

Or Bloomberg is pissed they're getting more media coverage than him, so this is his way of pushing them aside.

A poignant point made by the guys over at TTAG

Is the Mayors Against Illegal Guns Merger with Moms Demand Action a Coverup?

As we revealed last night, Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America (MDA) are now Mayors Demand Moms for Illegal Action. Or something like that. You can read the official press release after the jump, which claims that MDA has 130k members (which would mean she hasn’t added any since the May 2013 video above). Ah but are they paying members? The National Rifle Association has over 5 million dues-paying members (not to mention the cash they blow on NRA tchotckes). But who foots the bill for Shannon Watts’ anti-gun agitprop? Mayor Bloomberg! And we would have known precisely how much money made MDA Mayor Mike’s bitch if the two organizations hadn’t merged. As TTAG’s own Dirk Diggler (yes Dirk) wonders . . .

“Is this merger because MDA didn’t want to file their 990 form for the year showing how much cash they got from Bloomy so they wouldn’t be discredited as a shill for him? They were formed in late 2012 so they had no ‘money’ to cause them to file (non-profits with under $50k in revenue for a 501(c) org and under $25k for a 527 org are exempt from the publicly available paperwork).

“However, in 2013, Shannon Watts went “big time” thanks to Bloomy. Come April 2014, MDA was gonna have to file their 990 with the IRS and the world would get to see how much cash he was using to stroke her. Now that MAIG subsumed MDA, I believe that moots how much they received for disclosure purposes since MAIG would make the disclosures now for an affiliated entity.”

This is probably due to a lack of interest/participation. Whoever is left gets all the cake.

When I disputed the 80% support background checks stats one MDA mom spouted back: "You have no clue dude. Really. Every mom I know, and that's a lot since I have 3 kids in 3 different schools, believes in Moms Demand's mission. Just because we don't "carry" our kids around on our hips showing concern for their well being...... wait, oh yeah, we do. Every mom knows that her kids will more likely be shot from a gun in her home or in the home of a friend/relative than be harmed by an intruder. That's just a statistical fact. The decision to ignore that fact and come up with excuses to have a gun is up to her. The decision to value her gun over the safety and well being of her child is up to her. Most moms I know put their children first. But then again, maybe I only hang around moms who love their kids to the moon and back."

Hey - MAIG can have the stupid moms who won't spend a dime to protect their kids.

Back
Top Bottom