• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

magpuls move official

Good to know that Colorado's Gov't is so financially stable that they can afford to to chase out thriving successful businesses and their tax revenue........ [thinking]

I would also think having it in two locations could provide an escape route if needed.

For example, if one state starts trying to squeeze them for money or becomes not 2A friendly they can say "Well then we are going to love everything to our other facility in [state]".

They may have tax incentives in each state also. Maybe one is for more production vases and the other is more business based?

There could be redundancy planning also. If one site suffers from a disaster to the facility or region the other site can continue to run the business minimizing downtime and profit loss.

Cheyenne is very close to the CO border. I'm willing to bet some employees may relocate to Wyoming, or stay in CO and commute. Keeping families in somewhat of the same geographical location keeps things calm.

As for the HQ in Texas? Not sure, maybe they want to open up new operations in TX? Other companies are in TX? Got me.

Good for them for following through with their promise.
Amen! I can't wait to buy my first non-Colorado Magpul products.

Good to know that Colorado's Gov't is so financially stable that they can afford to to chase out thriving successful businesses and their tax revenue........ [thinking]
I believe they are counting on the new pot taxes. Out with the old economy. Welcome to the new economy.

Cheyenne is very close to the CO border. I'm willing to bet some employees may relocate to Wyoming, or stay in CO and commute. Keeping families in somewhat of the same geographical location keeps things calm.

As for the HQ in Texas? Not sure, maybe they want to open up new operations in TX? Other companies are in TX? Got me.

FN does the same thing.

Their headquarters is in Virginia but their factory is in South Carolina.

There's no telling. It could be cost related. Toyota makes vehicles in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Texas and Boeing had a plant in Kansas and still have one in Washington and South Carolina.

tumblr_m50ptiqZd31ro54pzo1_500.jpg

Cheyenne WY is about 1.5 hour drive from Erie CO where Magpul is now. So I'm sure many of their employees will be able to transition to the new location, especially if they live to the north of Boulder.

Magpul said all along one of their primary concerns was their employees.

The Wyoming location is probably a compromise to
- Keep their employees, retraining a whole new workforce is costly, timely, and generally a pain in the ass
- Keep the existing supply chain. A lot of their infrastructure support is also from the area, this means they don't have to establish new relationships.
- Keep the manufacturing relocation as simple as possible. Pick up sections of the factory, drive an hour and half and drop them off. The business move is a lot less challenging.

Man I am glad I didn't scrape the Magpul sticker off my truck. Have to put one on the gf's new car now.

Going to put one on my truck too... If you need any stickers, Umlaut usually has extra ones. If not, shoot MagPul an email and I'm sure they'll send several (for free).

BTW, I did like how the additional releases were worded (from both states)... Basically giving MagPul a very warm welcome. Might put Wyoming on my 'ok state' list now... [rofl2]

I also see it hit ABC news: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/company-makes-good-leaving-colo-gun-laws-21400737

Last edited:
It was a matter of time before they moved, glad to hear that they are well on their way.

People need to relax and give companies time to get all their ducks in a row before going on the warpath trying to do boycotts and all that other shit.

Maybe Cheyenne isn't good enough for management?

Not sure about Wyoming, but isn't Texas income-tax-free? Keeping manufacturing close enough for most employees to stay/commute is pretty cool in my book. Management is giving CO a big old middle-finger on the way out.

Tony P.

it's about 1 hour drive north of their old plant in Erie CO.

CO doesn't care about the firearm businesses in state. They now have the new cash crop of marijuana. There's a 25% tax on the product at $500 an oz. Every oz sold gives the state $125 in sales tax.
The public pot business added thousands on new jobs yesterday. all paying income tax (presumably). Gov. Hickenlooper unfortunately wont miss the 200 people from Magpul

it's about 1 hour drive north of their old plant in Erie CO.

CO doesn't care about the firearm businesses in state. They now have the new cash crop of marijuana. There's a 25% tax on the product at $500 an oz. Every oz sold gives the state $125 in sales tax.
The public pot business added thousands on new jobs yesterday. all paying income tax (presumably). Gov. Hickenlooper unfortunately wont miss the 200 people from Magpul

I've never bought pot, but $500 for an ounce seems a bit, well, high to me. I also have to wonder how many of those stores will have mysterious break-ins every few months. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom