• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magpul

I have a PRS on one of my AR's. If it's a varmint gun or something you're going to be shooting off a bench, the PRS is a great stock. It's expensive but it's worth the money.

It's very heavy, so I wouldn't put one on a carbine that I was going to be carrying around or that I planned to shoot offhand most of the time.

+1 for the ACS - a great stock, the best one I have ever tried. Great cheek weld and pretty light. The UBR is pretty heavy, but also a great stock.

As EC said, great for target type of guns, but horrible for Carbines.

if you have a Carbine I'd recommend either

UBR which I have on my 16" BCM middy and love it.

or ACR which I am hearing has a great cheekweld to it.

THe UBR is kind of heavy, but balances out well with the 16" BCM Middy I have. If I ever head back up that way I will def. be bringing my toys if I can secure NH or such lodging (I got evil features on my ARs)

I have one on an AR. great stock with excellent adjustments. Unfortunately, I found that I didn't need to make any adjustments, so the extra $ was wasted. I could have done just as well with the ACE stocks I have on my other ARs. One thing to keep in mind is that these stocks are heavy.

I'll put in another vote for the PRS being exceptionally heavy. Great off the bench, but not for much else. Super well built, though. For carbines and mids I prefer the LMT Sopmod stock. Extremely comfortable and built like a tank.

I think it depends on barrel length and profile. I wouldn't use it on a super light or M4 16" but a heavy barrel may be ok. It will be a little ass heavy but the weight can help swing the muzzle around. 18" or 20" it will balance out the rifle nicely. Noveske shooting team uses the PRS on all their rifles.

There is a seller that I follow on ebay that sells them for $199 w/ free shipping regularly.

Back
Top Bottom